• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
The interesting part is that the OCS numbers listed are about 300 lower than what is actually going to OCS.

Oh hey Sir. How are you doing? I'm glad to see someone out there is listening to my rambles. lol .. This forum is pretty dead this year compared to the last two. I dont know if I should be taking that as a good or bad thing. I really doubted this document when someone posted it last year but it was spot on with 50 selectees.

weq820

FY16 STA-21 Applicant, Pilot
Oh hey Sir. How are you doing? I'm glad to see someone out there is listening to my rambles. lol .. This forum is pretty dead this year compared to the last two. I dont know if I should be taking that as a good or bad thing. I really doubted this document when someone posted it last year but it was spot on with 50 selectees.
Maybe the forum will become more lively now that the navadmin is out and the ball can get rolling on the remainder of the process. Good or bad thing? I'm not certain either.

Doc B-dorf

No FY15 Program for me! Almost done w/school!
Maybe the forum will become more lively now that the navadmin is out and the ball can get rolling on the remainder of the process. Good or bad thing? I'm not certain either.

I think one reason the forum was so dead was the lack of selects for pretty much the entire staff corps this year, with the exception of nurse. Heck, I've had my pacakge ready since early March, but then the whole no Medical Core selects came out, so I kind of dropped off the face of the forum.

weq820

I think one reason the forum was so dead was the lack of selects for pretty much the entire staff corps this year, with the exception of nurse. Heck, I've had my pacakge ready since early March, but then the whole no Medical Core selects came out, so I kind of dropped off the face of the forum.
How are you going to respond to the zero select opportunity? Will you apply for a different community or wait for next year?

Doc B-dorf

How are you going to respond to the zero select opportunity? Will you apply for a different community or wait for next year?

I'm looking at it as a non-select status, so I will continue to improve my package, continue my college work and apply next year. I will continue this cycle until I make it in the Med Corps by either completing my degree and applying for USHUS on my own or being selected through STA-21.

How's it going everyone. Been out at sea. I'm back, but getting ready to head out again for even longer. Tis the life of a submariner. I hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to wish everyone GL on there packages. I'm glad that they put out what they were not going to select in advance, but it still sucks that they aren't picking up for some programs again. I was able to finish my package and put it in the mail on Friday so now I just pray, and hope it is in the Lord's plans this year for me to get choosen as a selectee (or as an alternate and A_long falls off a building cause I know he got a spot on lock lol). If anyone needs any tips or advance I'm happy to help while I'm still around.

Along keep the forum alive while I'm gone brother lol.

KeJuan918

Hey, CTN3 Sampson shooting for Pilot/Core. This is my first time trying. If nothing else, I'm looking forward to the experience so that I know in which areas I need to improve for next year. :p

Stats:
PROGRAM OPTION: Pilot
Rate: CTN3
TIS: 1.5 years
Pins: Working on IDW
Evals: MP (only one so far)
ACT/SAT: 24 math, 36 reading
ASTB: 5,5,5,50 (not sure how I feel about these scores. Most people I've talked to said they're pretty good, but from what I've read, they aren't competitive)
HS GPA: 3.8
College: AA with 2.9 GPA
Certs: SEC+
LOR: Navy O-5 Pilot, Navy O-5 Pilot (retired), Navy O-6 (retired)
PRT: Overall Excellent

Haven't had my interviews, yet. I'm actually kind of confused about how the whole process works. My divo says we need to wait for the navadmin to come out before I send my package up. Should I be asking about interviews before that happens?

Also, currently working on my personal statement. I had a Lt completely rip my first draft apart. If anyone has advice on that front, it'd be appreciated.

try to stay away from passive language. Just sell yourself!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Petty Officer advancement results are right around the corner. Is anyone awaiting the word? I know I am.

weq820

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Petty Officer advancement results are right around the corner. Is anyone awaiting the word? I know I am.
I am also waiting on the results. It'd be nice to make second class. :)

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I am also waiting on the results. It'd be nice to make second class. :)

Good luck with that! I missed PO1 by 7 points on my first attempt last cycle. Im hoping to make it this time around. I had an pre-board today to help me prep for my actual board next week. It went pretty well aside from the fact that I just got off two weeks of leave in Dallas. I feel like my mind was still on vacation because I couldnt really get the words to go from my mind to come out of my mouth. Last year's external board went amazing because all my answers came out just as they were supposed to with no stumbling over my words. One of the biggest tips I can give is to relax, breathe, and think about what your answer is before you say it. Good luck to you all and I hope to hear some updates soon about your boards going very well. I will keep you guys updated !!!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I saw an article in Navy Crimes that NETC has confirmed the 50 quotas available for this year's program. How does everyone feel about that? I'm wondering if they are going to keep the same amount of selectees for each option as they did last year.

Doc B-dorf

I saw an article in Navy Crimes that NETC has confirmed the 50 quotas available for this year's program. How does everyone feel about that? I'm wondering if they are going to keep the same amount of selectees for each option as they did last year.

Perhaps, but 0 x 0 still equals 0. :p

I think they selected more staff corps last year, but I'm not sure, I'll have to go back and look at the NAVADMIN.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Got all those little details done(Enclosures, Certified true copies). Getting prepped for my internal board next week. Im so ready to get this package sent off. Then it will be time to hurry up and wait.