• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

SuperDuper

FY14 STA-21 Applicant
I'll join the party here with you all; this is my first post on AirWarriors. These stats are fun to post and look at, but remember that the two most important parts of the package are the CO's Recommendation and the Personal Statement.

Rate: CTN2
Warfare: IDW
STA-21 Option: Pilot
Time in Service: 5 Years
High School: 3.83 GPA
College: None. 3 CLEPs and 66 Credits on JST (SMART).
ACT: 34 English, 33 Math, 32 Composite (98 percentile)
ASTB: 8/8/9/66
Evals: MP, EP, P (PMA), nob, nob, MP, P (First increment E-5 put me in the regular summary group instead of the frocking one...)
Awards: 1 FLOC
PRT: OUTSTANDING, waived, OUTSTANDING (and serve as Division Fitness Leader)
LORs: (1) O-6 pilot... Trying to gather one or two more before I submit

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll join the party here with you all; this is my first post on AirWarriors. These stats are fun to post and look at, but remember that the two most important parts of the package are the CO's Recommendation and the Personal Statement.LORs: (1) O-6 pilot... Trying to gather one or two more before I submit
Awesome stats/numbers... your Avatar name is quite appropriate. As you are aware, STA-21 is a bit uncertain right now due to the fiscal situation. Just keep 'fine-tuning' your package, stay fit and continue high performance, remain patient, and you'll be in great shape when things open up, and they will.:)

As a caution, with a pack like yours, it would be easy to crow a bit or become cocky/over confident. Humility is a very admired trait here, in the flight program, and will always serve you well. Great first post and good luck in your quest for the prize!;)
NA Wings.gif
BzB, prior ET-2(SS)

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Humility is a very admired trait here, in the flight program, and will always serve you well.

Wise words from the old and salty always seem to lift spirits in this thread. Thank you Sir!

Welcome CTN2. October is a long ways away, so we must entertain each other.

SuperDuper

FY14 STA-21 Applicant
Thank you very much for the feedback, Sir! I appreciate you taking the time to respond, and your encouraging words mean a lot to me. Although I have good test scores, I don't expect this to carry me through to selection. I am putting a lot of time and sincere effort into other areas of my package right now, as I'm sure all candidates are. There are a few points of my package that I could improve considerably for next year, and I've already started planning how I am going to accomplish that.

I'll be hanging out here, waiting for October with you guys. After making E-5 off the September exam, I thought I had at least 2 years before I would have to anxiously await the Navy's selection results again, but here we are!

As a side note, I hope my Avatar name didn't come off as arrogant; it's just a handle I've been using online for a few years.

JoeNAVY

Stats:
PROGRAM OPTION: SWO/ED
Rate: AT2
TIS: 6.5 Years
Pins: AW/SW

Evals: MP, EP, EP, EP(transfer), NOB, MP (#1 MP - "would have been EP but must be MP because of number constraints" Top line in write up)
SAT: 690 Math, 550 Reading
ASTB: 4/4/4/51 (Not required, probably not going to submit)

HS GPA: 3.3
College: 80ish Credits. 3.5 GPA

Awards: A-School Honor Grad. C-School Honor Grad. NAMx2, Rookie Recruiter of the Year. Tracking for Recruiter of the year. CPO Selected Rising star award. Recruiter of the month x2. Recruiter of the Quarter.
LOR: Navy O-5 (Old Department Head)
PRT: Excellent(High) / Excellent(High) / Outstanding

Question: Anyone know if you need to submit transcripts from colleges that are included in you SMART transcripts? Wouldn't that be a little redundant?

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Good Morning Shipmates! I will be walking into my internal board here in about 20 minutes. I will post the questions I was asked so that yall can disect them.

Question: Anyone know if you need to submit transcripts from colleges that are included in you SMART transcripts? Wouldn't that be a little redundant?
YES! You MUST submit transcripts from each and every college you have attended.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As a side note, I hope my Avatar name didn't come off as arrogant; it's just a handle I've been using online for a few years.
Nada Problema', just figured you were a fan of former Miami Dolphin All-Pro WR Mark "Super" Duper. Along with fellow receiver Mark Clayton... , the prolific pair became known as the 'Marks Brothers', and were instrumental in QB Dan Marino's elevation to NFL HOF status.;)

Oh wait, you were only a toddler when "Super" retired from football (1992)..... uhh .. er, never mind!:oops:

*In my 4 years I've been an AW member, the few cases of arrogant candidates I've observed, have not been priors. They are usually recent college grads, lacking in maturity. They ask questions, then have 'hissy fits' when they don't like or agree with the answers. Priors are more classy than that.:)
MarkDuper.jpg
BzB

JoeNAVY

Good Morning Shipmates! I will be walking into my internal board here in about 20 minutes. I will post the questions I was asked so that yall can disect them.

YES! You MUST submit transcripts from each and every college you have attended.

Thank you! Found it in the instruction where it says you must recently after asking on here.

When drafting the personal statement, did you guys adhere to the correspondance manual? i.e.

To: Commanding Officer blah blah blah?

Or did you just draft something else up?

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Thank you! Found it in the instruction where it says you must recently after asking on here.

When drafting the personal statement, did you guys adhere to the correspondance manual? i.e.

To: Commanding Officer blah blah blah?

Or did you just draft something else up?

Of of the top of my head, I think I just used the template off of the website, following what SuperDuper said. And I have seen a good amount of other statements that did the same. Now that I think about it, that is the only way I have seen.