• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Get ready to be disgusted...

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
I hope you have been over there and outside the wire...Yes, 15 months sucks, but they VOLUNTEERED. It wasn't like they were drafted. And the majority of our folks over there spend there entire time on the FOB (aka Fobbits). One of the folks there was in a communication unit. I would have to ask how much time he spent outside the wire -- because life ain't so bad on the larger FOBs that have the communications units.....

Nope, I never went outside the wire nor did I spend 15 months there. I was AF and my life was easy. But, I doubt there have been any desertions in the AF either and nobody in my unit had any problem going back.

However, my friends who I was talking about did not have such a good time and spent their time on the streets. All were infantry and all lost friends. I stand by what I said. Until these kids have been in a grunts shoes, lost friends and been away from family for 12-15months then its hard to call them cowards for not wanting to go back. Like I said before, I don't agree with desertion and most of the people who do desert do so before they deploy the first time. My two cents...

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I don't think anyone blames them for not wanting to go back. The problem lies with the ones who refuse to go back, and choose Canada instead.