• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GOING DOWNTOWN -- ISRAELI Style

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's one. Are the Israeilis better pilots than the americans?

From what I have seen, if I were able to pick teams for any conflict, I would pick the best of our guys and the best of the Israeli's. I believe I could confidently pit such a team against any other combination in the world, and prevail, every time without question.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Talk to the boys from Korat, NKP, and Udon about that stuff ... it was AF SOP. :)

But then again ... it was on USS BOAT, also. :eek:

The difference being that the USAF had clubs stocked and open for business...whereas das boot is more like a "speak-easy" from the prohibition years (isn't that why staterooms have safes?). It's one area where the Brits and French are more enlightened compared to us*. I've cross-decked to both of their carriers and relaxing at end of day with a pint or having wine with a meal...priceless.

*our having to have a group grope beer day only after earning it the hard way and having to request it from higher authority.

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
It must be nice to not have to go half-way around the world to fly your combat missions, and be able to return to your real home nightly…………..
[/I]

Halfway around the world? I'm pretty sure that Lebanon borders Israel and that the fight is very "at home" for them with all of the terrorist bombings and Hezbollah rockets being fired into their country.....

I think that it's sad that their aviators cannot give their real identities to the public for fear of terrorist actions against them. It's much better to be on this side of the pond doing it....

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Halfway around the world? I'm pretty sure that Lebanon borders Israel and that the fight is very "at home" for them with all of the terrorist bombings and Hezbollah rockets being fired into their country.....

I think that it's sad that their aviators cannot give their real identities to the public for fear of terrorist actions against them. It's much better to be on this side of the pond doing it....

Read again what Catmando wrote, he is saying it must be nice to NOT have to go half-way around the world to fight, I think a seasoned aviator like him knows where Israel and Lebanon are in relation to each other.

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
Read again what Catmando wrote, he is saying it must be nice to NOT have to go half-way around the world to fight, I think a seasoned aviator like him knows where Israel and Lebanon are in relation to each other.

You're right - Mea culpa - I guess I went through it too quickly.......

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

You think it is/should be any different for us? Advertising your real ID after having bombed the bad guys is bad juju - period. This business isn't about seeing your name in print in your hometown newspaper, you know. :icon_rage

Brett

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
You think it is/should be any different for us? Advertising your real ID after having bombed the bad guys is bad juju - period. This business isn't about seeing your name in print in your hometown newspaper, you know. :icon_rage

Brett

I know, but I think they face a far bigger threat of encountering a car bomb in Israel when they go home at night than your average American aviator. I'm not saying that you can become famous "a la Maverick" by flying in the American military.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know, but I think they face a far bigger threat of encountering a car bomb in Israel when they go home at night than your average American aviator.

I think you're missing the point. Advertising your ID is bad in any country. I don't understand your lamenting the fact that they have to remain anonymous over there. "Ahh, if only they got the proper public recognition they deserve." That's what I'm hearing you say and it just doesn't make any sense to me. They're not in this to get their picture in the paper, and you shouldn't be either.

Brett

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I think you're missing the point. Advertising your ID is bad in any country. I don't understand your lamenting the fact that they have to remain anonymous over there. "Ahh, if only they got the proper public recognition they deserve." That's what I'm hearing you say and it just doesn't make any sense to me. They're not in this to get their picture in the paper, and you shouldn't be either.

Brett

I think he is lamenting the fact that if word gets out that he is a pilot, a bomb might drive into his house and kill him and his family. A situation that does not exist here in the US.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You guys are amazing ... can't we have ONE thread on this forum that deals with just military operations/tactics/strategy ??? I.e., no B.S. ???

*sigh* ... I think I just answered my own question .... :) To recap:

THIS IS YOUR FRIEND:

b_chicken_big_mac.jpg
..... and THIS IS YOUR ENEMY>>>:
NasrallahAnnan.jpeg