• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gotta Love Hippies

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FMRAM said:
....I would say that the majority of the hippies .... pretty much stay out of the rest of the state.
Uhhhhhhhhh .... did you forget about the San Juans? Aberdeen ?? Hoquiam?? Lacey?? Long Beach?? Bellingham?? Olympia ?? Whidbey?? Anacortes?? Blah ...blahh...blah... ???

Like the bears ... they're everywhere ... :icon_rast

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I stand corrected...I completly forgot about the hippies in Anacortes that stand on commercial and protest the war/president ect.
I still think that the majority stick to King county though...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FMRAM said:
I stand corrected...I still think that the majority stick to King county though...
True ... necessity:

They need to stick close to King County --- makes it easier to pick up their welfare checks and "vote" through the same office via the King County Democrat party "voting machine" (i.e., "voters" all using the same address :))

USNMark

Originally by TXHusker05: And the ones forcing recruiters out of their college

Oh my god, don't even get me started (too late). The Marine Corps :) and the Navy :) had some recruiting booths (for officer programs mind you) at a career fair at my school (University of California, Riverside) and in the next few days I heard SO much complaining about how "the military is invading our personal lives on campus and trying to pull us from school to be enlisted soldiers." :eek: I got beyond pissed. I submitted an article to the newspaper (cuz nearly everyone reads the Highlander newspaper) laying out how stupid it was to ASSUME that the OFFICER RECRUITERS were trying to yank students away for ENLISTED jobs. I talked to both groups of recruiters (like I even needed to confirm such craziness), and the USMC and USN reps were both promoting either the PLC or BDCP (and a few other) options. Yikes.. Sorry to vent in pretty much a huge paragraph. :icon_rage I hate liberal opinions backed by vacuous background information and research.

plc67

pilot
Back in 1971 right after I got winged I was sent to Tampa on temporary OSO duty before reporting to HML-267. The hippeyes went beserk, but only when the press was around. They were convinced we were there to draft them, send them to Quantico and then flight school. I tried to explain we weren't interested in their sorry asses but when the cameras started rolling it was total chaos around the recruiting table. Captain Eastman was cool but I was a little concerned about the thinly disguised hostility. When the children of the 60s tell you they were against the war but not the warriors, don't you believe it for a second. Even today if anybody tells me this either they move or I move.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Matt Martin said:
I hate the hippies (60% of the Pop.) that give Washington a bad name.

And while the parents are out protesting, their kids are up to no good as well. Read all of this:

University of Washington Boyington Memorial
In February 2006, a resolution recommending a memorial be erected to honor Boyington for his service during WWII was raised at the University of Washington [2] (Boyington's alma mater) during a meeting of the Associated Students of the University of Washington's Student Senate. Several themes emerged in the Senate's debate on February 7. People were concerned about whether the Senate was in a place where it could decide who among the several UW alumni Medal of Honor recipients deserved to be memorialized. Also, some were concerned about how the legislation was worded to refer to many specific acts of violence and destruction (specifically in Boyington's Medal of Honor citation, the full text of which was originally included in the resolution), and whether that was appropriate for a Senate resolution. Some did not believe that all financial and logistical problems around installing a memorial were fully addressed by the sponsor, and some were questioning the widely-held assumption that all warriors and acts of war are automatically worthy of memorialization.

Ultimately, the resolution was debated upon and resulted in a tie vote (45-45), broken by the Senate Chair. [3] This resulted in a nationwide controversy that was debated through internet "blogs" and many conservative news outlets. Many members of the public balked when hearing this and sent large amounts of negative feedback, a significant portion of which were derogatory to the senators involved. As a result, several student senators have received a total of thousands of malicious e-mails. [4] [5] [6]

Discussion in these media centered around two statements that were made by senators during the meeting. One senator said that the UW already had many monuments to "rich, white men" which unfortunately created perceptions of racism, classism and sexism among several of the resolution's proponents and the media covering the story, because of the statement's perceived implication that the UW therefore need not honor any more. This sentiment came across as particularly petty considering that Boyington is one quarter Sioux in heritage. Another senator questioned whether the UW should memorialize a person who killed others, and this notion was poorly summarized in the minutes as saying "she didn’t believe a member of the Marine Corps was an example of the sort of person UW wanted to produce." [7] This created a large outcry among the military community and other military-friendly people, media and organizations.

Since the eruption of the controversy, a new version of the original resolution was submitted that called for a memorial to all five UW alumni who received the Medal of Honor after attending the UW.[8] On April 4, 2006, the resolution passed by a vote of 64 to 14 with several abstentions, on a roll call vote. However, despite the fact that the memorial was approved by the student senate, the memorial could take several months or years to complete, as it will have to be approved by the University of Washington administration, and the funds for the memorial, likely to be in the tens of thousands, will all have to be raised privately.

plc67

pilot
If not for Boyington and his ilk these self absorbed so called intellectuals would be goose stepping under the Rising Sun. Screw these commie *******s we'll give Pappy a proper memorial at the Marine Corps aviation museum.