• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Growler Visit to the Cradle of Naval Aviation

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That and the over use of "in-container". I always argued, what does Microsoft Outlook say.....I believe the word is IN-BOX!

-ea6bflyr ;)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Ironically, I think the most obscenity I have ever heard during a brief was from a room full of AF dudes at Nellis during an LFE brief. But they would be damned if they called the 4808 "the box" :)

Jamin'G

pilot
I didn't say dealing with the Air Force was fun, I just said their exercises are good (much more thorough flights from planning to execution for us as Growler crews at least). ;)

Cheers!

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Thorough doesn't always equal quality or realism. A thorough and complicated taxi sequence plan doesn't make an LFE. Look forward to NFL, but first, have fun in Pensacola. Go by the museum and pay some respect to the Big Jammer :)

jmcquate

Contributor
I didn't say dealing with the Air Force was fun, I just said their exercises are good (much more thorough flights from planning to execution for us as Growler crews at least). ;)

Cheers!
Don't be seduced by the nice golf courses and model rocket SAMs. They still wear scarves and flair to land. :)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Don't be seduced by the nice golf courses and model rocket SAMs. They still wear scarves and flair to land. :)

Psst. Flare...not
flair.jpg

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Your visit made the notes of our flight schedule. The word is out, you could have a pretty big turnout...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Frankly, as interesting as a Flag or ME phase can be, they don't know dick about how to employ VAQ. Any LFE is good training, but nothing compares to Airwing NFL for how you will actually employ in the real world.