• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
No offence to the original poster, but until you have any tac air experience, or even any military flying in general, reserving judgement is usually a great thing to do. You are kind of sounding off on an arena you don't really know a whole lot about other than what you read. Understandable....but it just isn't a replacement for even 5 real hours.

Sincerely,
Loves Automated Displays

He should start now by gaining valuable experience in the Civil Air Patrol.

Want2flyNow

I said over-easy!!!!!!
Hmm. Exact reaction I expected.

As for the f-35:

You are right. I really do not have any place to say what they F-35 is and isn't. And sorry, for the poor word choice on electronices. I was leaning toward to many new technologies.

Do I think the F-35 is a good plane? Yes

Do i think it will be an incredible andvance in aviation? Yes

Do I have to like it? No

And isn't the raptor the most advanced fighter in the world???

Tactical387

Hmm. Exact reaction I expected.

As for the f-35:

You are right. I really do not have any place to say what they F-35 is and isn't. And sorry, for the poor word choice on electronices. I was leaning toward to many new technologies.

Do I think the F-35 is a good plane? Yes

Do i think it will be an incredible andvance in aviation? Yes

Do I have to like it? No

And isn't the raptor the most advanced fighter in the world???

word on the street is that the f-35 will be. Now it might be the 22, but thats only bc its operational...so technically the 35 hasn't entered that arena yet. Besides that, the 22 costs around 137 million while the 35 costs more like 38 million.

MasterBates

Since you are a kid, I will be nice.

Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one. Most stink.

And yours has no basis in reality..

Raptor2216

And isn't the raptor the most advanced fighter in the world???[/QUOTE]

The raptor is a whole other ballgame. The F-35 isn't meant to be an all out fighter. If you need an A/C with vertical takeoff capability, are you going to go for the F-22? I think not. In the real world, that is the world outside of the movies and video games, everything has limitations. Either way, don't compare apples to oranges.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Originally Posted by Want2flyNow:
words

It sounds like you really just dont like the way it looks, or have been reading the opinions of to many journalists. I dont have much flight time, that which do poses is not military, much less any experience in tactical aviation but my feeling is this:

You dont like the F-35 because it looks like a cheap, disgusting version of the F-22, thats my feeling at least but I would prefer function over form.

You may have read to many anecdotal references to how Naval Aviators dont trust airplanes with 1 engine. This may or may not be true but it wasnt long ago that the Corsair II and the A-4 were active in the fleet. The 'tradition' of dual engine aircraft isn't a long standing one.

You probably dont like the concept of the new helmet. I dont, it looks horrible, but again function over form.

Im not going to say what the JSF is or isn't, because its not my area of expertise (ask me to deploy a VPN and Ill have your mobile office up in a heart beat) but passing judgment based on news reports and hearsay is a bad habit to get into (in aviation or any other aspect of life).

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
For some reason, I suspect Want2Fly looks like Mclovin'....
mclovin.jpg

MasterBates

Plz. dont be. I'm here to learn man.

While I really have an urge to roll in hot, stuff you in a blivet and have you ride there for a while, I will not lower myself to making a 14 year old genius who is obviously working on his post doctral reasearch in fighter aircraft cry, and run to mommy because some Navy LT is "mean".

And you have not earned the right to address me as man.

Want2flyNow

I said over-easy!!!!!!
It sounds like you really just dont like the way it looks, or have been reading the opinions of to many journalists. I dont have much flight time, that which do poses is not military, much less any experience in tactical aviation but my feeling is this:

You dont like the F-35 because it looks like a cheap, disgusting version of the F-22, thats my feeling at least but I would prefer function over form.

You may have read to many anecdotal references to how Naval Aviators dont trust airplanes with 1 engine. This may or may not be true but it wasnt long ago that the Corsair II and the A-4 were active in the fleet. The 'tradition' of dual engine aircraft isn't a long standing one.

You probably dont like the concept of the new helmet. I dont, it looks horrible, but again function over form.

No. You are completely wrong
The helmet.
You do not have to be a naval aviator to recognize th fact that with new technologies comes new problems. It isnt that I dislike the helmet, its that I think there should be a backup system if it fails.

The single engine:
My only problem is will the money lost to single engine failures outweigh the money saved by it. Idk and i do not think anyone will until the plane is in service

as for its looks:
The plane is f**ing hot pale. And if i liked the look of the raptor y wouldnt i like the look of the JSF???

So. Your wrong about why I don't like it(yet-when it is battle proven i might change my mind), but i do see where you are coming from.

Want2flyNow

I said over-easy!!!!!!
While I really have an urge to roll in hot, stuff you in a blivet and have you ride there for a while, I will not lower myself to making a 14 year old genius who is obviously working on his post doctral reasearch in fighter aircraft cry, and run to mommy because some Navy LT is "mean".

And you have not earned the right to address me as man.

Sir, isn't that what mommys are for???

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
If the "internets" were the rage when I was 14 I would have been all over it with exactly these sorts of questions. As it was, I had to drop small notes on papyrus in the river and wait for a reply.

Your enthusiasm is admirable, but I'd probably withhold opinions until I had a little more to base it on. You're posting to a forum that has a lot of actual military pilots on it, who usually don't want to debate with people who don't have a similar base of experience.

Listen, ask questions, use the search function, but try to constrain matters of opinion to those things you actually have experience it.

MasterBates

No. You are completely wrong
The helmet.
You do not have to be a naval aviator to recognize th fact that with new technologies comes new problems. It isnt that I dislike the helmet, its that I think there should be a backup system if it fails.

There are backup systems.
The single engine:
My only problem is will the money lost to single engine failures outweigh the money saved by it. Idk and i do not think anyone will until the plane is in service

You have ANY idea how stone-cold reliable modern jet engines are? Any? This isn't some whooptie ride your 16 year old friend built in the back yard.

as for its looks:
The plane is f**ing hot pale. And if i liked the look of the raptor y wouldnt i like the look of the JSF???

This is not Myspace/Aim/Whatever. Spell words out. If it is too hard, then don't post.

Status
Not open for further replies.