• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactical387

alright lets talk about this. The apache has had a similar sighting system for years now with little to no problems for 10 years now. Second, the engine differences is almost nonsensicle to talk about, because twin engine jets have significantly less power in either engine than a single engine jet has. Basically, if one engine fails, the other one isn't going to save you. (if one engine fails, it will take you all the way to the scene of the crash:icon_rage) Also, there are fail safes built into the single engine jets to prevent accidents like this. From what I have heard, it is simply not significantly more dangerous to have one engine over two.

Want2flyNow

I said over-easy!!!!!!
There are backup systems.

You have ANY idea how stone-cold reliable modern jet engines are? Any? This isn't some whooptie ride your 16 year old friend built in the back yard.

This is not Myspace/Aim/Whatever. Spell words out. If it is too hard, then don't post.

i dont have a myspace, sir.

midhusker

Discovering my inner nerd-ness
Man, a 14 year old can sure get everyone fired up.

Mr. Want2flynow I betcha you wouldn't be complaining too much if you could be flying a JSF right now instead of studying for your geometry quiz tomorrow.

Want2flyNow

I said over-easy!!!!!!
And I highly doubt I am the first peron to use an abbreviated word on this sight. But, since it annoys you, I shall try to never use them again.

Want2flyNow

I said over-easy!!!!!!
Man, a 14 year old can sure get everyone fired up.

Mr. Want2flynow I betcha you wouldn't be complaining too much if you could be flying a JSF right now instead of studying for your geometry quiz tomorrow.

No I would not be complaining at all . You are miss interpretting. There is a difference between i do not want to fly a jsf instead of taking a geometry quiz and liking a hornet or raptor better than a JSF. By the way, when i started this post I knew i would be shredded.

Reactions: MPH

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
He's obviously not studying spelling or grammar. :rolleyes:

Little tip dude, don't start threads you "know you will be shredded for" and expect to be here long. Sit back, read and learn.

Want2flyNow

I said over-easy!!!!!!
He's obviously not studying spelling or grammar. :rolleyes:

Little tip dude, don't start threads you "know you will be shredded for" and expect to be here long. Sit back, read and learn.

really didnt expect to get into it this far. kinda just wanted to know the service life of the hornet but hey, i am learning from this thread.

midhusker

Discovering my inner nerd-ness
Basically, if one engine fails, the other one isn't going to save you. (if one engine fails, it will take you all the way to the scene of the crash)

Not to step all over you, but the Hornet will fly just fine with one engine. We practice single engine landings and flight all the time. It is obviously not the preferred method, but it isn't all that noticible. Just takes a little rudder trim. About the only time you touch the rudders other than BFM. Again, sorry to call you out, just didn't want you running around with bad gouge.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
really didnt expect to get into it this far. kinda just wanted to know the service life of the hornet but hey, i am learning from this thread.

You know what's really cool? I am mean really cool? Better than jets, books and computer games at 14...........vagina and I agree with Mumbles on this one. Instead of wasting time on thoughts like this, working out, playing sports, maybe doing good in school would be better than stupid threads like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.