• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hot new helicopter/rotorcraft news

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The current VH-3D's are state of the art for the Sea King/S-61 platform. Blades and dynamic components are pinnacle designs. I imagine will be highly sought after. Remove IRCM, ECM, comm gear and armor and would be slick utility machines!!

Surplus VH-3's likely ain't going anywhere but museums and the scrapyard.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Bell is ramping up a campaign to get the Army to embrace the Bell 505 as a primary helo trainer - given the feedback on UH-72 (cost/complexity as a primary trainer). I do not believe there is an active Army requirement.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Bell is ramping up a campaign to get the Army to embrace the Bell 505 as a primary helo trainer - given the feedback on UH-72 (cost/complexity as a primary trainer). I do not believe there is an active Army requirement.

I hear a lot of complaints from owners over the Safran engine. Maybe the army should share a platform with the navy as they did with the 57/67.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I hear a lot of complaints from owners over the Safran engine. Maybe the army should share a platform with the navy as they did with the 57/67.

There are a lot of complaints from owners over everything in the AW119 platform…

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
There are a lot of complaints from owners over everything in the AW119 platform…
Hey now…I don’t doubt what you’re saying and I wasn’t cheerleading for Leonardo. If I could afford a Bell, I’d buy a Bell. 😀