• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hot new helicopter/rotorcraft news

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm pretty sure there's no entrance on the port side of a S-92. The Army one I looked into recently only had one ladder and, although it's been a while, I'm pretty sure the GOM version I got to crawl around inside only had one on the right.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm pretty sure there's no entrance on the port side of a S-92. The Army one I looked into recently only had one ladder and, although it's been a while, I'm pretty sure the GOM version I got to crawl around inside only had one on the right.
Correct, just the starboard side. IMG_4195.jpeg
I’m a little surprised they’re already signed off for POTUS lift, I thought they were still ironing out some issues? Or if it was mission ready that Sikorsky would have made a bigger to-do about it, considering how long it’s been in development.

Still, nice looking aeroplane!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Correct, just the starboard side. View attachment 41017
I’m a little surprised they’re already signed off for POTUS lift, I thought they were still ironing out some issues? Or if it was mission ready that Sikorsky would have made a bigger to-do about it, considering how long it’s been in development.

Clearly you want to test this on a lame duck POTUS.

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I’m a little surprised they’re already signed off for POTUS lift, I thought they were still ironing out some issues?
I believe the issues were all comm related - and getting shielding and interference issues resolved. Looks like they pushed over the goal line!

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Correct, just the starboard side. View attachment 41017

So, when is the last VH-3 out of business? Do they go to the boneyard, or are they up for sale? I want an old school one with a toilet in it...😆

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
So, when is the last VH-3 out of business? Do they go to the boneyard, or are they up for sale? I want an old school one with a toilet in it...😆
That would be a cool aircraft to own…comfy for the family.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
That would be a cool aircraft to own…comfy for the family.
True..bathroom breaks, when I was in, consisted of pissing in a Gatorade bottle while strapped in the cockpit. As I get older, I'd relish the ability to do my business like a gentleman.

That would be a good selling point for an old school VH-3 with a toilet reinstalled. What other helo can you take a dump in. 😆

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wonder how flyable the VH-3s be once they rip out all the super secret Yankee White gear?

I’d imagine most of them will wind up in the assorted presidential museums.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The current VH-3D's are state of the art for the Sea King/S-61 platform. Blades and dynamic components are pinnacle designs. I imagine will be highly sought after. Remove IRCM, ECM, comm gear and armor and would be slick utility machines!!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
“Steering wheels” in a Chinook? That simply violates sacred things; it is polluted with sacrilege; it involves sacrilege; is profane; and is vertically impious! Sty there and you’ll probably turn into a newt!

Fun fact, medieval witch hunts (even into the 1600s) were most likely caused by widespread consumption of ergot, a fungus affecting grains stored in damp conditions, which contains alkaloids similar to LSD. So medieval populations were literally high on acid, simultaneously.