• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

House Speaker Cindy Sheehan?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
She has a pretty inflated ego if she really thinks she can run and win.

Certainly not as an independent. She might have some luck as a Dem running against Pelosi in the primary though. Probably not enough luck to get the nomination however.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Certainly not as an independent. She might have some luck as a Dem running against Pelosi in the primary though. Probably not enough luck to get the nomination however.

She's already announced her "resignation" from the Democratic Party due to its failure to deliver so she's heading to DC with her "posse" to call out Nancy Pelosi upon arrival on the 23rd of July. We'll see what Pelosi does in response. If Pelosi hasn't filed for impeachment by then, Sheehan says she'll contest her seat as an Independent. I'm sure Pelosi's staff is working the numbers right now and her response will be a direct correlation to whether Sheehan would pull enough votes in her San Francisco district to challenge her.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Well they can stop working so hard because I already know the answer.

'08 is a presidential election year. She might have a prayer during a midterm election, but not this time around.

The majority of the votes in that district are going to come from straight ticket voters who are voting democrat for president, which means they will also all go democrat for the other offices.

She might have some support but Pelosi is well entreched in her position, she is the speaker after all. You dont make it to that position with out a well established incumbent advantage.

Granted Tom Daschelle got thrown out of his seat as Senate Majority leader in 04, but its not something that happens often. Especially by an independent.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
If my folks pulled crap like Cindy Sheehan, I would feel like they took a water crap on my grave. That woman is an absolute abortion of a parent to disgrace her son's sacrifice....even if it was ironically for her freedom to do her thing.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who knows what goes on in her head, but she's lashing out again and using threats now. I suspect this is in realm of desperation and doubt Pelosi will be worried. I do ponder how long the press will enable her ranting (likely forever or as long as it draws attention).

Well, Hannity had her on for about 10-15 minutes last night.....is that enabling?

P.S. It was not my choice to watch either idiot, they have all of the news channels on at work all of the time........though I did not have to listen so that was good. ;)

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Someone should put a poll up on what percent of the vote she'll get. Also you guys are seriously underestimating San Francisco...

NUFO06

None
I would love to see Sheehan win. No more wanna be President Pelosi running off to foreign lands and doing photo ops with the enemy. Sheehan would become just another random representative on C-Span @2am going on about this and that. And then maybe we could get a mainstream speaker of house. One can hope.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would love to see Sheehan win. No more wanna be President Pelosi running off to foreign lands and doing photo ops with the enemy. Sheehan would become just another random representative on C-Span @2am going on about this and that. And then maybe we could get a mainstream speaker of house. One can hope.

I would say that, by definition, the Speaker is the epitome of mainstream for the party in power.

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Someone should put a poll up on what percent of the vote she'll get. Also you guys are seriously underestimating San Francisco...

Most of the voters of Pelosi's district are just like any other voters, they want their politicians to bring home the bacon. A Speaker of the House is going to bring home a lot more bacon than a nutjob.

NUFO06

None
San Fran needs a lot of federal bacon. How else can the city pay for all of its employees to have sex changes.