• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Imminent danger pay area shrinking?

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
They should also examine the COLA for Japan. While it certainly was nice, it's far more generous than necessary.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
They should also examine the COLA for Japan. While it certainly was nice, it's far more generous than necessary.

I may be wrong on this, but I seem to remember the Japanese pick up the tab on that one. I know they pick up a significant amount of the expenditures we have over there.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Imminent Danger Pay?" Seriously? I guess I missed that. And how many countries? 18? Wow, times did change.

Would that be the same thing as what we called, "Combat Pay?" Which I believe was different from "hazardous duty" pay?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
:eek:
"Imminent Danger Pay?" Seriously? I guess I missed that. And how many countries? 18? Wow, times did change.

Would that be the same thing as what we called, "Combat Pay?" Which I believe was different from "hazardous duty" pay?
Yeah, Combat Pay in Vietnam on CV/CVWs in the gulf: $65.00 per/mo, equal for all ranks from 'downtown strike leader' to scullery messcook!:rolleyes: Enough for a few extra San Miguel painted labels, & cubi dogs!
BzB

Buss

None
Does everyone at those commands get it every pay period, or are there quotas like with FDHDIP? When I was deployed on CVN-70 with VFA-154 during the '05 World Cruise, we had to rotate. Every other month or so, about half of each shop was issued FDHDIP reguardless of who actually worked on the Flight Deck. We ended up regulating it fairly well unofficially by ensuring that, "If you're getting the cash, you get up there and risk your ass!"

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does everyone at those commands get it every pay period, or are there quotas like with FDHDIP? When I was deployed on CVN-70 with VFA-154 during the '05 World Cruise, we had to rotate. Every other month or so, about half of each shop was issued FDHDIP reguardless of who actually worked on the Flight Deck. We ended up regulating it fairly well unofficially by ensuring that, "If you're getting the cash, you get up there and risk your ass!"

There are no quotas, everyone gets it if they qualify.

Lawman

None
While I totally agree with looking into trimming fat and this is a good place to start, I worry that in all this haste to find money that the evaluation process will screw a lot of legitimate people.

Just for example most people would say that the fighting in Bosnia is over, and that is true to a point. But there are plenty of Civil Affairs and other types who spend their time walking around areas that are supposedly clear of mines. We've sent Aviation units in Europe down there for support rotations to some of the same kind of rules. I know Id be a bit disappointed if they only called the area I was in dangerous after I stepped on a mine thats been laying there for a decade because we dont have the manpower to actually clear the mess that 20 years of civil war caused.

I agree if you can take your spouse or travel off post without curfew in civies.... probably time we look into calling that a regular overseas duty.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
......Just for example most people would say that the fighting in Bosnia is over, and that is true to a point. But there are plenty of Civil Affairs and other types who spend their time walking around areas that are supposedly clear of mines. We've sent Aviation units in Europe down there for support rotations to some of the same kind of rules. I know Id be a bit disappointed if they only called the area I was in dangerous after I stepped on a mine thats been laying there for a decade because we dont have the manpower to actually clear the mess that 20 years of civil war caused........

We can't be spending millions of $ on a remote possibility, there still find bombs all over Europe 70 years after we dropped them. There are mechanisms in place to pay those who are attacked if they are not in a combat pay area, let the system work as it should instead of paying out money where the biggest danger is tripping over a branch on the way to the Green Bean.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
shit, Detroit is more dangerous than Bagram. Maybe we should garrison returning Marines there? Sure would keep up the CQB quals.

Detroit.jpg

b-hut-at-bagram.jpg

Renegade One

None
Does everyone at those commands get it every pay period, or are there quotas like with FDHDIP?
Flight Deck pay (e.g., "Flight Deck Skins") was always…IMHO…and during my time...terribly underfunded and usually mismanaged. This month YES…this month NO…share and share alike...was never a way to run a railroad. "Half Skins", etc….sheesh.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Flight Deck pay (e.g., "Flight Deck Skins") was always…IMHO…and during my time...terribly underfunded and usually mismanaged. This month YES…this month NO…share and share alike...was never a way to run a railroad. "Half Skins", etc….sheesh.

Or giving flight deck pay to the MMCO/AMO for doing absolutely nothing on the flight deck other than wearing a jersey and getting in the way.