• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Imminent danger pay area shrinking?

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Assigning flight deck pay when you don't have enough skins to go around is easy:

Divide your people into 3 groups (those on the deck almost all the time for every evolution, those almost never on the deck, and those in between). Give it to those in the first group in reverse rank-order, then if you have more left over (and you should) give it to the third group in reverse rank order, then any leftovers can go to the third group. Post the methodology in the spaces (including what your percentage criteria is for the three groups).

The boat's CMC of all people bitched up a storm when I instituted that on my boat tour (big-deck amphib), but nobody will have the balls to challenge that methodology.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Assigning flight deck pay when you don't have enough skins to go around is easy:

Divide your people into 3 groups (those on the deck almost all the time for every evolution, those almost never on the deck, and those in between). Give it to those in the first group in reverse rank-order, then if you have more left over (and you should) give it to the third group in reverse rank order, then any leftovers can go to the third group. Post the methodology in the spaces (including what your percentage criteria is for the three groups).

The boat's CMC of all people bitched up a storm when I instituted that on my boat tour (big-deck amphib), but nobody will have the balls to challenge that methodology.

Good call. We generally had the billets to pay all our guys on the carrier. When we didn't, which happened a few times, we just asked the Boss, Mini, Handler, and then the part-timers to give theirs up. They all did so completely willingly. Splitting it up or doing it by rank is dumb. All full-timers should get it and then start pulling like Bert said. There is no reason that the flight deck Corpsmen and photographers get it when a Topside Safety Petty Officer who is hooking up a Prowler to the catapult isn't.

Buss

None

Aaaaand that is why "smaller" commands are awesome!