• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting article about Senator McCain

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Unfortunately, I read the Rolling Stone piece online, so I couldn't wipe my ass with it.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I can top that today Z....
If you're Steve Axelrod....you really don't want this guy calling your candidate the Messiah. This clip is from February '08, during the primaries BTW...
Not sure who Steve Axelrod is, but... an 8 month old clip...:sleep_125.

I'm guessing the campaign advisor (Steve Schmidt, mayhaps?) who is more worried is the one whose VP candidate was just found guilty of unlawfully abusing her position to carry out a personal vendetta on her former brother-in-law.

Or even having some wierd pastor at a rally in Davenport, IA give this interesting invocation:

“There are millions of people around this world praying to their god — whether it’s Hindu, Buddha, Allah — that his opponent wins, for a variety of reasons. And Lord, I pray that you would guard your own reputation because they’re going to think that their god is bigger than you if that happens. So I pray that you will step forward and honor your own name in all that happens between now and Election Day.”
(Buddha and Hindu are gods?)

Translation: "God...your rep is on the line... you need to deliver this election to McCain."
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/10/11/pastor-delivers-odd-invocation-at-mccain-rally/

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Not sure who Steve Axelrod is, but... an 8 month old clip...:sleep_125.

I'm guessing the campaign advisor (Steve Schmidt, mayhaps?) who is more worried is the one whose VP candidate was just found guilty of unlawfully abusing her position to carry out a personal vendetta on her former brother-in-law.

Or even having some wierd pastor at a rally in Davenport, IA give this interesting invocation:

(Buddha and Hindu are gods?)

Translation: "God...your rep is on the line... you need to deliver this election to McCain."
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/10/11/pastor-delivers-odd-invocation-at-mccain-rally/

Sure..

the "said" Trooper that tasered a 10 year old and was was chuggin brew dogs in his police cruiser....

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sure..

the "said" Trooper that tasered a 10 year old and was was chuggin brew dogs in his police cruiser....
And, reading the police reports, there is circumstantial evidence that he was either beating his wife (Gov. Palin's sister) or threatening to.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Another article on McCain, albeit a fiercely scathing one:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

It's no surprise which candidate Rolling Stone backs but this article takes some serious low-blows at the former serviceman and POW. On the other hand, it raises some questions too.

"...when ground control put him in a holding pattern..."

Uh...don't know about anyone else, but I've never been put into holding by "ground". ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
"...when ground control put him in a holding pattern..."

Uh...don't know about anyone else, but I've never been put into holding by "ground". ;)

Really??? :confused:

Ground control to Major Tom Ground control to Major Tom:
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Ground control to Major Tom: Commencing countdown engine's on
Check ig-nition and may God's love be with you

This is ground control to Major Tom, you've really made the grade!
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear,
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

This is Major Tom to ground con-trol, I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in the most peculiar way
And the stars look very difeerent today

For here am I sitting in a tin can, far above the world
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do .... :)

bowiecd9.jpg

Etc., etc. ....

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Oh, and to actually contribute something to this thread, the RS article is just retarded. Absolutely one-sided. If I was more ambitious, I'd have wiped my ass on my latop screen.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Axelrod is Obama's Chief campaign Strategerist....
David Axelrod is, not Steve Axelrod.;)

And the point is not what Wooten was accused of doing, it is the unlawful abuse of power that was going on in Gov Palin's administration. Trooper Wooten was accused of all of those things and suspended for five days, but this didn't stop the Gov's office from continuously calling everyone up and down the Personnel Org chart trying to get him fired starting four days after her inauguration.

Not only is she out of her depth for the VP slot, but her brief reign as gov has been "shockingly amateurish" in the words of Time magazine:

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1849399,00.html

And my original point: David Axelrod's guy is averaging 8 points ahead in national polls as well as leading in key battleground states. I doubt he bats an eye about some whacko (who his candidate rejected) spouting off in a youtube clip.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
David Axelrod is, not Steve Axelrod.;)

And the point is not what he was accused of doing, it is the unlawful abuse of power that was going on in Gov Palin's administration. Trooper Wooten was accused of all of those things and suspended for five days, but this didn't stop the Gov's office from continuously calling everyone up and down the Personnel Org chart trying to get him fired starting four days after her inauguration.

Not only is she out of her depth for the VP slot, but her brief reign as gov has been "shockingly amateurish" in the words of Time magazine:

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1849399,00.html

And my original point: David Axelrod's guy is averaging 8 points ahead in national polls as well as leading in key battleground states. I doubt he bats an eye about some whacko (who his candidate rejected) spouting off in a youtube clip.

Dave, Steve..

what's the differance??
As far as I'm concerned Herc, Time.com is about as credible as MSNBC or Rolling Stone.
If you're Senator Obama....you want Loouis Farakhan calling you the Messiah??

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator

And the other team has someone out of his depth for the job he's trying for, but at least she'll probably will have time to learn, barring a William Harrison routine from John McCain.

...and she actually has accomplished some fairly big things during her admittedly short time in public office. Sen Obama has spent his time in office, both state and federal, um...uh...well, running for the next highest office, I guess.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Ground control to Major Tom Ground control to Major Tom:
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Ground control to Major Tom: Commencing countdown engine's on
Check ig-nition and may God's love be with you

This is ground control to Major Tom, you've really made the grade!
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear,
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

This is Major Tom to ground con-trol, I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in the most peculiar way
And the stars look very difeerent today

For here am I sitting in a tin can, far above the world
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do .... :)
I will always remember that song as the most erotic strip tease I have ever seen was by a young lady dancing to it at The Body Shop in San Diego in 1984.

(Of course I will always remember the next night too.....that's when we went to Tijuana for the donkey show.....)