• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting article about Senator McCain

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I still have my card, they're still in business, and they're still handing out cards.

But as of a year ago, the quality just wasn't there any more...:icon_rage

I remember walking in there on fine day at lunch with another couple of officers. Having just skipped out of class for a few hours and having to go back (nuc weapons school), we were still in our khakis. Back then there was a boot camp in San Diego. We walk in and there was at least 50 sailors on their first boot camp liberty in their whites. We walk up to the bar to order a beer and this young kid turns around with a pitcher in each hand, sees us and freaks. He drops both pitchers, snaps to attension and screams "attention on deck" at the top of his lungs. Every sailor in there pop ups and there are beer, tables and chair flying every where. We were floored....never expected that......We say relax, buy the place a round, share a laugh with a Petty Officer who was there in civies (he tells us about them being recruits) and beat feet out of there. We didn't want to make them uncomfortable and ruin their liberty. Plus I had to go back to the Q to change before returning to class.....

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Uh...don't know about anyone else, but I've never been put into holding by "ground". ;)
"557, I know this sounds weird, but I'm going to need you to do a 360 on the taxiway for spacing . . ."