• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting Jet Noise Complaint

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Good response. I hope the person who wrote the letter was humbled by the sacrifice.

Question: Why would anyone complain about getting to see F-16s (or any military aircraft, for that matter) fly in tight formation right over their heads? That sounds awesome. I was amazed and excited when I saw an F15 in the distance a few weeks back while I was on the highway.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So....your hometown is full of idots....? :icon_tong

So you're calling me an idiot? Hear that knock on the door? That's me coming to kick your ass........;)

Then again, Kathie Lee did grow up there too.......:eek:

Good response. I hope the person who wrote the letter was humbled by the sacrifice.

Question: Why would anyone complain about getting to see F-16s (or any military aircraft, for that matter) fly in tight formation right over their heads? That sounds awesome. I was amazed and excited when I saw an F15 in the distance a few weeks back while I was on the highway.

Unfortunately not everyone on this planet has the forsight to appreciate the better workings of Pratt and Whitney and General Electric the way some of us do.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
I would pay to have jets fly over in formation. I live by a local airport and usually old cessnas fly over every half an hour or so during the day time and I run to the window to stare at it almost every time with amusement. if jets flew over my house instead of cessnas, i would probably never leave my house. some unlucky people (like me) who dont live by military air bases have to pop in Top Gun, Speed and Angels, or search Youtube to see jets fly. bleh. By the way does anyone have any good aviation movie/film recommendations? I'm getting tired of watching a hot chic whose lost that lovin' feelin' =)

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
It's surprising when you see the reaction of some people to noise overhead. Even at civilian airports I fly out of, you should see the banter going on trying to limit the runway length (currently 3000'x50', there was a plan about 10 years ago saying that they wanted it around 4500'x100').
Most non-flyer's hear airport and immediately think LAX or JFK, never small fields with the occasional prop-plane. I went to school near Atlantic City International, which also has an ANG wing. I heard F-16s on three days over four years (Sept. 11, 12, 13, 2001) and we were little more than 3 miles away from the airport.
People really need to deal with things better. But at least they're not .

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
By the way does anyone have any good aviation movie/film recommendations? I'm getting tired of watching a hot chic whose lost that lovin' feelin' =)

I'd recommend the movie "The Final Countdown". While some here might dismiss it because of the plot, the aircraft footage is first rate.