• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iran parade flyover does not go as planned

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Epic failure when it comes to dissimilar formation flying doesn't know any borders, this is the first thing I thought of:

XB70crash.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's Air Force (albeit Iranian), so the correct term would be overshoot. :icon_tong
OK, I'll remember that the next time I'm flying "fingertip" in a "2-ship" or a "4-ship." Oh, wait . . . :)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah I could really care less about the lives of the aircrew.....unless they were enroute to defect with their jet and denounce their government's prehistoric policies.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Yeah I could really care less about the lives of the aircrew.....unless they were enroute to defect with their jet and denounce their government's prehistoric policies.

Really? Since when are we at war with Iran? Maybe I'm a bit out of touch on this issue, but that seems a pretty callous thing to say, especially as an aviator. Do you think Iranians celebrate our class-A mishaps?

The vas majority of Iranians are extremely pro-American for their region. They fed us major intelligence at the start of Enduring Freedom, largely due to the fact that they had been trying to thwart Taliban influence in their region for years. Bush sort of killed that with the "Axis of Evil" announcement, but it still stands that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Irreverent but relevant: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-june-17-2009/jason-jones--behind-the-veil---minarets-of-menace

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
I would like to pay my respects to my fellow aviators who died flying an aircraft while wearing the uniform of their country. Hope the best for their families.

I do not agree with the policies of the government of Iran, however I see no reason to mock the death of other aviators involved in a mishap. We are not at war with Iran.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Are they the enemy of our enemy, or are they perhaps sending their own operatives across the border covertly (though documented) to aid the insurgency in Iraq? Are these commissioned military officers flying their jets really supporters of the west in disguise, or did they go to the extra lengths doing what they do because they actually feel allegiance to their absurd excuse for a government? Did it take a hot war to consider Soviet Russia to be our enemy, or did we simply understand that they were given their rhetoric and actions? Just some questions to ponder as you have your moment of sympathy for these fine folks:
stoningDM_468x406.jpg

(Iranian woman being prepared for stoning)

And no, I don't feel that we should mock the dead aviators, but I don't feel much sorrow for them.

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
See above.

Awesome. The remainder of the rules for successful pirates, if anyone cares:

1. Pillage, then burn.
2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
4. Close air support covereth a multitude of sins.
6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
8. Mockery and derision have their place. Usually, it's on the far side of the airlock.
9. Never turn your back on an enemy.
10. Sometimes the only way out is through.
11. Everything is air-droppable at least once.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
13. Do unto others.
16. Your name is in the mouth of others: be sure it has teeth.
21. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Take his fish away and tell him he's lucky just to be alive, and he'll figure out how to catch another one for you to take tomorrow.
27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.
29. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less.
30. A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.
31. Only cheaters prosper.
34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
35. That which does not kill you has made a tactical error.
36. When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support.
37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.'
38. Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients.

/threadjack

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
I don't want to get into a political or cultural argument here. Many countries still practice Shari'a Law and the barbaric art of stoning. Some of them are our allies.

I don't support the Iranian government or the killing of American soldiers under any circumstances.

Just saying that shit's complex, and I thought MIDNJAC's comment was out of line.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So from what I gather from some of your collective posts, some of you think Iran is our good buddy just because open hostilities haven't been declared.

Whatever you may think of the Iranian people themselves (and I agree that many, but not most of them are vaguely pro-American), the members of their military are the executors of their government's policies, and to the extent that their policies are counter to the national security of the US, I hope that each and every one of them dies as a result of their own stupidity. The weaker they are, the more effectively we'll be able to deal with them if that balloon goes up.

Brett