• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iranian UAV orbits CVN-76 for 25 minutes

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TXHusker05 said:
If you didn't recognize the sarcasm in that, then you really need to go take a walk around the block and get your sense of humor back. Anyone who watches the news for two seconds would not trust the better part of half of the American public for any policy.

I wasn't talking about htat post, I was talking about your posts. I like you dude, but you need to absorb some more.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
TXHusker05 said:
*** I also wouldn't say we cleaned the clocks of the NVA and VC in Vietnam.... it wasn't a blowout. 58,000 dead is not cleaning anyones clock, if it is... you might what to look at your definition of acceptable losses.
Well ... since you weren't there .... try these:

World War II (1941–1945)
Total servicemembers 16,112,566
Battle deaths 291,557
Other deaths in service (nontheater) 113,842
Nonmortal woundings 671,846
Living veterans 4,762,0001

Korean War (1950–1953)

Total servicemembers 5,720,000
Serving in-theater 1,789,000
Battle deaths 33,741
Other deaths in service (theater) 2,827
Other deaths in service (nontheater) 17,730
Nonmortal woundings 103,284
Living veterans 3,734,0001

Vietnam War (1964–1975)
Total servicemembers 8,744,000
Serving in-theater 3,403,000
Battle deaths 47,410
Other deaths in service (theater) 10,789
Other deaths in service (nontheater) 32,000
Nonmortal woundings 153,303
Living veterans 8,295,000

North Vietnamese/VC casualties ... depending on the source ... 1.7 million to 5 million.

Sources: DOD and Veteran's Administration...

Sooooooooo .... to try to put a KIA price tag on "cleaning clocks" (??) :

In 4 years of WW2 ... we sustained 72,665/year KIA. (did we "clean clocks"??)
In 3 1/2 years of Korea ... we sustained 9,640/year KIA.
In "10" years (+/-) of Vietnam ... we sustained 4,741/year KIA. (let me help you -- we "cleaned")

Conclusion: You choose to use the measurement of "casualties". So be it. But by any yardstick you choose, we "cleaned clock", "cleaned house" and "kicked asses" ... in every category save one --- will. Political and national will.

And so what was sacrificed and won was wasted. What was won on every battlefield: air, land, and sea .... was given away in the White House, the US Congress and in Paris.

Believe it .... no smiles today.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TXHusker05 said:
Heck, a CIWS shattering a UAV would do the trick too... just a little something to put a shadow of a doubt in their minds.
CIWS....the end all, be all of a ship's self-defense. :confused:

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Airwarriors commie online reputation limiter whatsit said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to A4sForever again.

T

TXHusker05

Some people, especially the older guys, on this forum have a problem with not sharing there opinions but telling other people that theirs are wrong. Navy, I respect your opinion (I respect all of your opinions) but tell me what you think as opposed to just telling me I have a lot to learn.

That goes to all of you, including the two of you who gave me bad rep for stating my opinion on the matter while not sharing yours. It is a forum, discuss.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TXHusker05 said:
Some people, especially the older guys, on this forum have a problem with not sharing there opinions but telling other people that theirs are wrong. Navy, I respect your opinion (I respect all of your opinions) but tell me what you think as opposed to just telling me I have a lot to learn.

That goes to all of you, including the two of you who gave me bad rep for stating my opinion on the matter while not sharing yours. It is a forum, discuss.
Again, this only further points to the fact that you have a lot to learn. Don't take it personal. We don't expect you to have the same level of knowledge in the area of naval operations. I learn something here all the time. I'm pretty damn smart, but I certainly don't know everything especially as it applies to the Navy. A lot of what was directed at you was basically in response to many of these folks having a very good understanding of how things work in the fleet. With that comes a strong desire to keep their mouths shut regarding their rebuttal to your comments. A lot of stuff would entail things at the SECRET level or above that really don't even need to be brought up here. Hence, all the comments of "you have a lot to learn." This isn't about a difference of opinion and being afraid to share ours. It's about not choosing to divulge information that has no business being discussed on ANY unclassified medium, much less on AW.

T

TXHusker05

What does a possible war with Iran have to do with Naval Operations and classified info?

I would just like to hear what you guys think about the Iran issue (even ignoring the UAV thing), I don't care about classified info or anything... just looking for some opinions.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
A lot of what was directed at you was basically in response to many of these folks having a very good understanding of how things work in the fleet. With that comes a strong desire to keep their mouths shut regarding their rebuttal to your comments. A lot of stuff would entail things at the SECRET level or above that really don't even need to be brought up here. Hence, all the comments of "you have a lot to learn."

Come on now, FLY isn't that salty already. He’s only been in the RAG for a few months.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
pilot_man said:
Come on now, FLY isn't that salty already. He’s only been in the RAG for a few months.

Dude, I AM salty... but that's cause I sweat a lot.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
pilot_man said:
Who said he was salty?