• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

It's a NMCI world

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The worst thing is that your squadron "S-6" can do virtually nothing. People get pissed when they're told, "call the trouble desk," but that's all they can do.

phrogpilot73

The list of NMCI gripes is long and distinguished... After all, NMCI stands for Non Mission Capable Internet. As for my biggest gripe with them?

They listed my middle initial wrong on the GAL, I put in a trouble call to correct it OVER A YEAR AGO. I got a phone call asking me to evaluate their performance with regards to my trouble ticket. Pretty easy to answer, since my middle initial is STILL wrong.

thatdude

I think this might give some insight as to why NMCI is failing, look who works for them.....
stewiehelpdesk.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here is my "I Hate NMCI" story.

Password logins get turned-off, full CAC card usage. Uh oh, someone can't login, and that's me. So, thinking maybe it's a PIN problem, I go to PSD and wait an hour to reset my PIN. Yay, life should be good. Oh wait, I STILL can't login. Ok, I go to the ITs about it. They say it's probably just a certificate issue and that they can set it up correctly there. Oh wait, the NMCI move from East coast to West coast never happened. I'm still located on the East coast, therefore the NMCI representative for the base can't do ANYTHING for me. I have to call NMCI. Mind you, this was MONTHS after I checked into the squadron. So, I'm a little bit pissed. Ok, so I call NMCI. I wait 3 hours on hold. I never get a person, I need to go home and study. Next day, 2.5 hours on hold... nothing. FVCK! EVERYTHING in our squadron is computer based, I NEED NMCI. The ITs can't re-enable my password login. Oh, I'm angry. I finally make the big push. 4.5 hours on hold, wasting an entire half-day. I FINALLY get someone. It takes them a total of 2 minutes to fix my problem. This happened over the course of a few days... for 2 minutes of work.

I hate NMCI.

NMCI

Here is my "I Hate NMCI" story.

Password logins get turned-off, full CAC card usage. Uh oh, someone can't login, and that's me. So, thinking maybe it's a PIN problem, I go to PSD and wait an hour to reset my PIN. Yay, life should be good. Oh wait, I STILL can't login. Ok, I go to the ITs about it. They say it's probably just a certificate issue and that they can set it up correctly there. Oh wait, the NMCI move from East coast to West coast never happened. I'm still located on the East coast, therefore the NMCI representative for the base can't do ANYTHING for me. I have to call NMCI. Mind you, this was MONTHS after I checked into the squadron. So, I'm a little bit pissed. Ok, so I call NMCI. I wait 3 hours on hold. I never get a person, I need to go home and study. Next day, 2.5 hours on hold... nothing. FVCK! EVERYTHING in our squadron is computer based, I NEED NMCI. The ITs can't re-enable my password login. Oh, I'm angry. I finally make the big push. 4.5 hours on hold, wasting an entire half-day. I FINALLY get someone. It takes them a total of 2 minutes to fix my problem. This happened over the course of a few days... for 2 minutes of work.

I hate NMCI.

Your account has been deleted. Have a nice day!

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
This is exactly why I love being the ADP-O. It's all because of me. I've ruined your computing lives! :D

No, you cannot have permissions to install a mouse...

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Oh wait, the NMCI move from East coast to West coast never happened. I'm still located on the East coast, therefore the NMCI representative for the base can't do ANYTHING for me.
It gets even more fun when they actually *do* move your account, but mis-spell your last name in the process, preventing you from logging in because your last name is no longer *yours*, then spend the next year explaining to you that "It should work, there's nothing wrong with your account." Dyslexia and system administrator privleges are a powerful and dangerous combination...