• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAG is Finally Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

Looks like the squids will have both another jet AND JAG slot available this year...unfortunately, the Marines are losing LtCol McKenzie :icon_cryi

CBS to End 'JAG' After 10-Year Tour

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

LOS ANGELES — The drama series "JAG," (search) which mixed real war and conflict with fiction, is ending after a 10-year run. The final episode will air 9 p.m. April 29, CBS (search) announced Monday.

Canceled after a single season on NBC, the show was picked up by CBS and became a reliable ratings performer and part of the network's turnaround, said CBS Chairman Leslie Moonves (search).

But the series' popularity had begun to ebb. It was averaging 9.8 million weekly viewers for the season to date, compared to 14.8 million viewers in the 2001-02 season.

"We've had an amazing run, particularly for a series that was once canceled," show creator Donald P. Bellisario said. "Over the last 10 years we have had an opportunity to shine a spotlight on our armed forces and call attention to issues of significant importance to our country as well as the men and women who serve it."

In one episode, a member of the JAG team was severely wounded by an Afghan mine while on assignment abroad.

Last February, series star David James Elliott, who plays Cmdr. Harmon "Harm" Rabb Jr., announced plans to leave when the 10th season ended. He has a series development deal with ABC and Touchstone Television.

The series co-stars Catherine Bell, Patrick Labyorteaux, Scott Lawrence and Zoe McLellan.

Bellisario, a former Marine, gained permission to film at locations including the Camp Pendleton and North Island Naval Air Station military bases in California and on aircraft carriers at sea.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
jag.jpg

This is not in the same league as a mid-life crisis .... But IMO the show went on life-support when Admiral Chegwidden's character packed it in --- and the Gunny --- and Tyner ... it never has been the same since nor as entertaining ...

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
Shameless Catherine Bell plug:

104980.jpg

That said, the series jumped the shark (or at least I stopped watching) when Bud lost his leg in Afghanistan...

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
Best-dam-looking LtCol I've ever seen

Google Image Searches of Catherine Bell is fun! Since that's where this thread seems to be going, check out her modeling for the new shoes to go with the Service Alphas...

02jag01_lr.jpg

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
KBayDog said:
But the series' popularity had begun to ebb. It was averaging 9.8 million weekly viewers for the season to date, compared to 14.8 million viewers in the 2001-02 season.

I can't believe 9.8 million people watched that show to begin with...

Personally I thought the show was total crap (minus Catherine Bell).

B

Blutonski816

I remember when I got introduced to the UCMJ when I was a JROTC cadet...
JAG had been on hte iar for a good 5 years or so. The Colonel was talking to us about JAG lawyers and said "Now, when you think about JAG lawyers, dont think the TV show... Think more 'A Few Good Men.' all the investigating is done, there's no 'action' to get into, just take the evidecne you have and figure out how to save your client's ass."

JAG was fun at first, but it was pretty much all bull. Any episode where Harm went up was stock footage form Paramount movies (I.E. Top Gun) or News footage. The Hornet at the end of the intro is from 'Clear and Present Danger.' At least I knew what was being talked about whenever they made the few references to the UCMJ (most of it was just dumbed down for the civilian audience).

I'm glad they're endign it now. Especially with this new guy who keeps hitting on Catherine Bell. Even if Harm doesn't end up with Mac in the end, there's no way in hell they're letting him lose her to an SWO... (no offense to the rest of the blackshoe Navy)

However, I will have to agree about Catherine Bell... God Bless the man who put her in uniform...

KBayDog

True, we all know it's as real as professional wrestling. Still, it has painted the military in a good light (unlike that POS Few Good Men), and has probably had a positive impact on recruiting/retention during some of our leaner years - the mid-90s.

I bet it's fading away not because the story lines are tired, or because everyone is leaving, or because Bud is a tool.

I bet it's fading away because it is on CBS, and CBS's target demographic (wheelchair-bound, diabetic, irregular women over the age of 85) is fading away.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Catherine Bell, yes indeed is hot. But Bud's character has certainly developed from pure comic relief to serious, reliable character. Anyways, it was a good show while it lasted, but I felt this a long time coming as soon as the ADM and Gunny left.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Catherine Bell is the culmination of my being. I am truly sadden by the fact that JAG is ending. I especially like the episodes of the entertaining dogfights. Those would make my day. Also, seeing "Mac" in a bathing suit (yea, you know which episode that was).

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Catherine Bell is impossibly attractive. There's not much more to say about it than that.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
I bet you dollars to donuts that Ms. Bell reads this thread, lol. Seriously!

It would be great if she did. Maybe she could comment on whatever. Either way, she is incredibly gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.