• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JCS Chair Gen. Pace leaving in September

snake020

Contributor
Looks like it's not just Brett, but the rest of the military is set to take tasking from a SWO.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like it's not just Brett, but the rest of the military is set to take tasking from a SWO.

If I'm being tasked directly by the CJCS, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Cus he makes his staff stay til midnight (guy is a workaholic)

Okay, not so good.........:( I can understand that schedule type of during combat operations but there is no reason to have staff work last more than normal work hours (8), anything more is just busy work......I know........:eek:

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:

Sure you not confusing him with Sestak?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
RetreadRand said:

Thats probably how he got to be the CNO however. (Being a work-a-holic) not saying its good or bad, but those senior know that he will get his work done.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/32675e52-1603-11dc-a7ce-000b5df10621.html
Another article talks about some of the reasons for Gen. Pace not being nominated again ... can anybody not on active duty give some opinions and insight to these statements?

“In response to a request from Secretary Gates, I solicited the views of a broad range of senators,” Carl Levin, the Democratic chairman of the Senate armed services committee said on Friday. “I found that the views of many senators reflected my own – namely that a confirmation hearing on Gen Pace’s reappointment would have been a backward-looking debate about the last four years.”

Critics accused Gen Pace and Gen Myers of being weak chairmen who allowed Mr Rumsfeld to emasculate the role. John McCain, the top Republican on the Senate armed services committee, once sparked laughter at a hearing when he told Gen Myers that his response was not required because he would only repeat what Mr Rumsfeld had just said.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
We need some damn aviators to be CNO.
Had one awhile back . . . granted, I was a MIDN 4/c when ADM Johnson retired.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/32675e52-1603-11dc-a7ce-000b5df10621.html
Another article talks about some of the reasons for Gen. Pace not being nominated again ... can anybody not on active duty give some opinions and insight to these statements?

Back channel conversations with Congress indicated that they would turn the renomination hearings of both Pace and Giambastiani into a "Why aren't we winning in Iraq, etc." so it would be a politically driven circus. Pace and the vice chairman don't deserve that at peak of their careers.