• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

alaurin

All day, every day!
No, I've got 2 classes left. I'll be done with college early December. My degree should clear in January sometime. We'll see... possibly losing my FS won't end the world. Ultimately my goal is to become an officer, SNA or not. There are always other jobs that I wouldn't mind doing, provided they actually pay me in things other than good wishes and compliments (the currency of my latest jobs).

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
No, I've got 2 classes left. I'll be done with college early December. My degree should clear in January sometime. We'll see... possibly losing my FS won't end the world. Ultimately my goal is to become an officer, SNA or not. There are always other jobs that I wouldn't mind doing, provided they actually pay me in things other than good wishes and compliments (the currency of my latest jobs).
Well you wont get a FS then until after graduation. They need final transcripts and certificate of degree before issuing it.

longhorn4life

Well you wont get a FS then until after graduation. They need final transcripts and certificate of degree before issuing it.
In my case, I don't believe I ever submitted a final transcript or certificate of degree. My package was submitted in April, which was before I graduated in May. I have already received my FS. Maybe it didn't matter since I had in my package that I was on schedule to graduate in May.

exNavyOffRec

In my case, I don't believe I ever submitted a final transcript or certificate of degree. My package was submitted in April, which was before I graduated in May. I have already received my FS. Maybe it didn't matter since I had in my package that I was on schedule to graduate in May.

They would need final transcripts showing the degree was conferred, many recruiters have a person sign a release so they can get a copy of transcripts when needed.

exNavyOffRec

So do I need to do anything else regarding my final transcripts even though I have already received my FS?

To get a FS letter they would have to have your PQ, investigation "open", and transcripts showing you have graduated. I would verify they have your final transcripts because people do make mistakes, but this one would impact you directly.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Are you PQ'd medically and have your background investigation open? Also there is a backlog for OCS currently I hear as they are understaffed which could lead to longer waits.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Yes, it's normal. See OCS Delays post in questions about becoming an officer. There is current discussion on the issue.

jrferdon

I went to MEPS in June and turned in all the paperwork my recruiter has asked for so I would assume I am PQ'd and the background investigation is opened. I read the OCS delays post which is more than likely the situation I am in thanks for the help.

Navy Ship

For those applying, are any of you 12 months or less out from graduation? Reason I'm asking is because I met with an OR today and they wouldn't let me put a package in till I had my Bachelors (from my understanding if you're 12> months from graduating you can apply).
I was told I could put in an application if I am less than 12 months from graduation