• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

Now my question is how long does it take to get the Physically Qualified and get the Final Select letter?

Because I'm AD, we have to be Physucally Qualified to apply, hoping that it's quick because of that...
It depends... Being active, it shouldnt take more than a couple weeks, unless they need additional tests or something... One you are pq'ed it takes 6-8 weeks to get a final select letter... That will have your OCS date... But I would prepared to wait until January to go to OCS...

exNavyOffRec

It depends... Being active, it shouldnt take more than a couple weeks, unless they need additional tests or something... One you are pq'ed it takes 6-8 weeks to get a final select letter... That will have your OCS date... But I would prepared to wait until January to go to OCS...

In most cases active duty flip immediately to "awaiting FS signature" in CIRIMS, the guys from the April board I looked at had that happen, no awaiting FS signature does not mean you will have a FS in a few weeks, it could be a few months depending how far out you will be going to OCS.

steelefx4

6-8 weeks...or longer...is not really what I was hoping to hear...for age working against me...now I'm curious if I'll actually ever see a final select for SNA, as I turn 29 this Dec...But I was Pro-Rec for SNFO as well..

exNavyOffRec

6-8 weeks...or longer...is not really what I was hoping to hear...for age working against me...now I'm curious if I'll actually ever see a final select for SNA, as I turn 29 this Dec...But I was Pro-Rec for SNFO as well..

You are in a special situation, age critical, your paperwork gets moved faster because of it.

steelefx4

Really?...I have been debating attempting to use it as leverage or attempting to stay low and maybe fly under the radar? Both has advantages and disadvantages...

exNavyOffRec

Really?...I have been debating attempting to use it as leverage or attempting to stay low and maybe fly under the radar? Both has advantages and disadvantages...

They already know you are age critical, the ones that are get flagged, well nearly always get flagged, unless you want to be an NFO then let them know.

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
Is anyone on here local to STL. Just wondering what you have heard from your OR regarding the follow up steps after selection.

USN1855

Has anyone actually heard what the follow up steps after selection are? The furthest I have gotten is transferring security information to the new form. When I found out last Friday, my recruiter said that there would be paperwork to be done this week...but nothing has happened (other than me transferring info.). Hurry up and WAAAAAAAIT. lol.

SeaHawk2011

FinSel SWO
Has anyone actually heard what the follow up steps after selection are? The furthest I have gotten is transferring security information to the new form. When I found out last Friday, my recruiter said that there would be paperwork to be done this week...but nothing has happened (other than me transferring info.). Hurry up and WAAAAAAAIT. lol.

Did you send in your Medical Prescreening to MEPS yet?

USN1855

I have actually already been through MEPS. I did it prior to submitting to the board because I required medical waivers...Do you go to MEPS before selection and after selection? Or have I completed the MEPS step? I have not completed a PRT though.

sunowl

SNFO
So it looks like once you've got everything done that's within your power (going to MEPS, etc), you just wait for your Final Select letter and OCS date..?

I'm headed to MEPS next week, and after that I'll just be hoping there aren't any hiccups in getting my security clearance.

About PRT: according to my OR, that's still not necessary anymore before OCS.

Oh yeah, and before you go to OCS, I think you have to finish the Personnel Qualification Standards training. If you got that Guide to Success booklet from your OR, it explains it in there. Basically it's a bunch of modules you complete, to make sure people going to OCS know how to salute, basic terminology, don't bring your Gameboy to OCS, etc. My OR mentioned it when talking about what I'll be doing between selection and OCS, but I haven't gotten any further info on it. It probably comes after fin select anyway