• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LABS IP or LABS TGT: Nuclear combat, toe-to-toe with the Rooskies ...

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hmmm... So with the MK 82's you might want to give the range guys a heads up... "Tower, Snake 68, ya might want to hit the bunker, cuz I got no idea where this fvcker is going to land..." :eek: :D

I trust the system quite a bit, so I'm sure it landed in the target area (if not on the target), but sometimes 76s are hard to see.

That, and there are no range guys on the live range here. I think I could WAG it and still make it hit the impact area.

Flugelman

Contributor
I trust the system quite a bit, so I'm sure it landed in the target area (if not on the target), but sometimes 76s are hard to see.

That, and there are no range guys on the live range here. I think I could WAG it and still make it hit the impact area.

Roger that. Just tryin' to inject a little humor from an old toob-rat. :D

BTW, we parked next to the golf course out by the edge of the Goldwater Range area. Usta watch you guys go over all the time.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
This is why I really want to try a loft profile with a live 82. I think it was Juice and I who tried lofting 2 76s at Blue Mountain, with a jet circling over the target, and we had no idea where they impacted.

I shacked the two tits in the middle of the rockeye pit with 76s once using LOFT. I didn't think that they's hit so close, but they did. It works, but you have to give the system time to smooth out.

That was from a 300' ingress, though. I think the errors generated from a 10000' ingress make your dispersion too large to be effective.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....That was from a 300' ingress, though. I think the errors generated from a 10000' ingress make your dispersion too large to be effective.

Unless something really basic has changed -- like better delivery systems (?) -- that's why you've got to be right on the deck when you start/make your run .... :)

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
Hmmm... So with the MK 82's you might want to give the range guys a heads up... "Tower, Snake 68, ya might want to hit the bunker, cuz I got no idea where this fvcker is going to land..." :eek: :D

I flew w/ a guy who was brilliant w/ math. He would get into the ballistics tables to figure out all sorts of squirrelly stuff, like lofting inert 82s / BDU-45s manually. He somehow figured out where he needed to start a 4-g pull looking at the billboards on the run-in line @ Dare Tgt, and would manually pickle at the proper angle in the climb, like an auto loft delivery. It was his way of working hard to fly the numbers precisely. Once he got the numbers right and comfortable with the technique, he could be consistently accurate.

Tried the same @ Vieques w/ a manual dive toss, but that one went a bit long, and it was a live round. It's always funny until you kill a bunch of fishies in an aquatic nature preserve...then you get to trade off being SDO with your pilot for the next few days instead of getting to do some choice flying.