• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last flight

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Do the manufacturers still give out plaques for 1000 hour milestones?
Douglas and/or Mc/D used to give out 500, 1000, 1500, and 2000 hour pins & certificates for the A-4 ...

I guess they figured 500 Scooter hours were worth 1XXX in something else ... :)

Clux4

Banned
Very sad. Flew an NAS Dallas A-4M to the boneyard. Very sad to be ending my flying career and being a part of the start of the end of NAS Dallas and the A-4. But the memories are priceless.

I think everyone will agree that they have their "days they want to stay in" and "days they want get out". When "get out" outweighs "stay in", is when you need to pull the plug.

Anyone care to share last flight videos - passes, breaks !!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Sikorsky gives a small certificate and a patch at each 1k milestone. I've been trying to track down a round 1K T-34 patch, but they're elusive. I'm not a fan of the Raytheon square patches...just too big.

Zissou

Banned
I went to a party in Baghdad (LZ Washington) for a Little Bird pilot who had just broken 20,000hrs... General Order 1 did not exist that evening. I had no idea how much boose pilots could hide in cruise boxes.

Pugs

Back from the range
None

Yep (as other have pointed out) I have one from Grumman for 1000 Prowler hours and one from Northrop Grumman for 2000 hours.

I like the first one better :)

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Douglas and/or Mc/D used to give out 500, 1000, 1500, and 2000 hour pins & certificates for the A-4 ...

3000+ in the Scooter and I didn't get squat. Maybe I should write Mc/D and ask for something. Oh wait. What's left of the factory in St. Louis now says "Boeing" on the side. A day late and a dollar short. Story of my life.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
3000+ in the Scooter and I didn't get squat. Maybe I should write Mc/D and ask for something. Oh wait. What's left of the factory in St. Louis now says "Boeing" on the side. A day late and a dollar short. Story of my life.
Yeah, good luck contacting McD for a pin ... I didn't qualify for the 2500 hour pin ... missed it by @ 50 hours ... so I opted for a "25 years on the 747" pin instead. :D

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
Yeah, good luck contacting McD for a pin ... I didn't qualify for the 2500 hour pin ... missed it by @ 50 hours ... so I opted for a "25 years on the 747" pin instead. :D

So was it the size of a pickup truck?:D Sorry, I just couldn't resist

FlyinRock

Kinda like the old saying: I love the fuckin' Navy, and the Navy loves fuckin' me ... " :)
HahHah Hah...I knew there was a reason for lovin ya! I needed that!
Semper Fi
Rocky
And I really don't know why I dont like the islands, but I've never been comfortable there. Must be my X and her family that own so much there?
Oh well....(you want her?)

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
(a) The way we gave that quote was " You may not always love the fuckin' Navy, but the Navy always loves fucking you!"

(b) My last hop was in a Navy Dallas F-4. We took a low-level through the Arkansas mountains, and I swear we were so low you could smell the chicken shit over the chicken farms up there. My stick was an IBM sales guy & former A-7 driver who was 2 months from having to jump out of the cockpit also. This was June of '82 - Gawd sounds like a long time ago now. Probably because it was.