• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Lewd Callsigns = bad!

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Of note, the fallout from this was a contributing factor to the super delayed response to a pretty bad Miramar gun squadron mishap a few years later, involving a pilot who had been a few classes ahead of mine at -101. Those guys spent hours in the water, following near supersonic ejections.
Did the fallout result in Beaver's response, or the CG response? Just curious. Not familiar with that incident.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Did the fallout result in Beaver's response, or the CG response? Just curious. Not familiar with that incident.

I believe it was Beaver. Don't quote me on that. IIRC it was 2011 or 2012. Single F/A-18D from VMFA(AW)-121

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I believe it was Beaver. Don't quote me on that. IIRC it was 2011 or 2012. Single F/A-18D from VMFA(AW)-121
Did a Google, and it appears this is what you were referring to. I now vaguely remember the incident. Haven't seen the mishap report tho.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Did a Google, and it appears this is what you were referring to. I now vaguely remember the incident. Haven't seen the mishap report tho.

Yep that's the one. I think I remember that they spent 4 hrs in the water waiting. Pilot never flew again, due to injuries sustained, if I recall

SIR was a good read, though obviously I can't provide details here

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Aren't squadron call signs ever used like Gypsy, Bullet, Victory, or Fast Eagle, followed by a MODEX number?

I may be misunderstanding your question, but those look like JANAPs, which is what we're talking about.