• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lied at MEPS and applied to Federal Agency - Need to take polygraph soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Borrowing this thread to ask an urgent question. Thought it would be a good idea to lie about drug history to my recruiter, so went ahead and checked "No" on my first few forms, including the SF-86. I am headed to MEPS tomorrow and this is not sitting right with me, I want to correct my mistake before it's too late. My total use history is below waiver parameters, so I don't think that is the issue, just that I lied about it before. I am correcting my SF-86 because I still have access, and I am going to email my recruiter right now because I can't get through to them, business day is over.

My question is: is it already too late? Will they have the wrong forms at MEPS already and will I be shooting myself in the foot by trying to correct it? I am going to tell the truth either way, I am really just looking for some peace of mind or advice on how to handle this situation.

Just tell the truth at MEPS and then tell your recruiter after.

Reactions: IKE

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ALCON:

The Federal government asks you if you’ve lied on these forms, so that if needed, they at the very least can prosecute you for lying on those forms. Not because they really care if you, some dipshit pizza-breathed kid who wants to be a fighter pilot, lied on the form, but so that *if* you later turn out to be a terrorist, they’ve already got you and won’t look stupid and waste a lot of taxpayer dollars trying to bust you.

That’s it. That’s the whole story. You’re not Jason Bourne. Calm down and answer the stupid forms honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.