• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Long time no posts. Thought I'd check in

fox2102

You don't have to go to a gym to get a workout. If you're trying to shed poundage, a 30 minute workout a day 5 days a week at home will work wonders.

Also, I recommend Weight Watchers (handing in man card). You don't have to pay anything to do it (plenty can be found online with simple google searches). Basically you can eat whatever you want, but based on your weight, height, male/female, and level of activity you are given a daily point value you have to stay within.

You calculate points for foods using an online calculator or can buy a handheld one. You input calories, grams of fat, and fiber, it spits out a point value for that food. Once each week you are given a free splurge session (where you can eat whatever you want, big mac, fries and all). You WILL shed fat even without working out on this program. I highly recommend it, as it will start teaching you about what you put in your body and build some dietary discipline.

Props for keepin on keepin on.

Well it helps my motivation when I see the trainers (A-5s aren't they?) from Meridian NAS fly over town every so often. One actually came in pretty low one day and scared the hell out of my mom when she was driving. I thought it was funny as hell! lol

And I never thought about working out while I drive... considering I drive about 12 to 14 hours a week that could work out quite well for me

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
The weight watchers thing is a good system to use to help you get educated and lose some weight. What you eat will make a HUGE difference in your energy level, your weight and overall wellness. Also if certain situations are hard for you for example lunchtime in the food court bring a lunch, you can make it healthier and its cheaper to. The cardio is probably the most important for you right now so if your making a choice between that and the gym do the cardio. If you can get in some resistance training as well the energy your body uses to build your muscles increases your metabolism to help you lose more weight. Theres a piece of the armstrong program i would recomend and that is the three sets of max effort pushups right when you wake up, when done in conjunction with your walking/running you will experience the fitness increases you are looking for.

fox2102

The weight watchers thing is a good system to use to help you get educated and lose some weight. What you eat will make a HUGE difference in your energy level, your weight and overall wellness. Also if certain situations are hard for you for example lunchtime in the food court bring a lunch, you can make it healthier and its cheaper to. The cardio is probably the most important for you right now so if your making a choice between that and the gym do the cardio. If you can get in some resistance training as well the energy your body uses to build your muscles increases your metabolism to help you lose more weight. Theres a piece of the armstrong program i would recomend and that is the three sets of max effort pushups right when you wake up, when done in conjunction with your walking/running you will experience the fitness increases you are looking for.
Yeah the lunch thing has been an issue. Usually we eat fast food because that's all that is here. Occassionally we bring frozen dinners though when money is tight. I've been tryin to cut back on how much I eat when I go fast food. Usually only 2 of the jr. burgers and a drink and i'm done. I try to avoid Mcdonalds at all cost. Subway has been my place of choice lately because it isnt nearly as bad as other places.

I have been doing a lot of walking. My goal is about 2.5 miles a day when I'm not at work. I've also started doing as many push ups as i can when I get up in the morning and before I go to bed. I should probably start situps but I need to get a mat or some old pillows or something because my hard wood floors kill my back tryin to do them.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Well it helps my motivation when I see the trainers (A-5s aren't they?) from Meridian NAS fly over town every so often. One actually came in pretty low one day and scared the hell out of my mom when she was driving. I thought it was funny as hell! lol

Jeeeeeeezus no! A-5's they aren't my friend. They're T-45s. Given how much of a handful that plane alone is for some of us knuckleheads, a Vigi would be a complete fiasco.

FYI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-5_Vigilante
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-45_Goshawk

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Ignore the spammer posting the link about pills... Fast food is the worst way you can go... Soda will ruin any good diet. If you have to drink soda, only drink diet when trying to lose weight.

fox2102

Jeeeeeeezus no! A-5's they aren't my friend. They're T-45s. Given how much of a handful that plane alone is for some of us knuckleheads, a Vigi would be a complete fiasco.

FYI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-5_Vigilante
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-45_Goshawk

ah thanks for clearing that up for me. Thinking about it now I honestly dont know where the hell I got A-5 from. :confused:

but yes it was definantly a T-45 I saw scare my mom. Came in awful low and then kinda rolled back and forth a couple times then banked off to the left. Dunno if he was having issues or what because normally they never fly that low. They look like a hell of a lot of fun though minus the fact they dont seem to have any leg room at all. Dont supose i could talk one of the pilots at meridian to take me up? :p

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
I cut pop and carbonated beverages completely out of my diet and lost 8 lbs in about 2 weeks (maintaining same activity level). I'll definitely agree with working on your diet first, it will make a world of difference when you do find time to work out. I think someone mentioned it earlier but if you have a break and a place to do situps and pushups, that will only suck up about 5-10 minutes and you'll get a decent workout.

RussBow6

It seems that the Crossfit mafia has found it's way here too... In all fairness though I know some people that love it, and it seems to work. Just not my cup of tea.

+1 for crossfit.... i love it and would recommend it to anyone. but definitely ease your way into it or you'll be sore for awhile. it wont do you any good missing 4 days of workouts being sore and looking like you cant walk straight. its a good sore though and i'm addicted to it.

glad you liked the pushup thing... if you can find an exposed pipe (thats not hot and can bear your weight!) or any overhang (stairs?) that can support you you can prolly get some pullups in. if you cant do a whole one start at the top of a pullup position and slowly lower yourself (do a negative pullup)

diet is definitely #1 as people have said... if your a big soda junkie (diet sucks worse than regular; splenda)... i live off seltzer (water gets old) and green tea in the AM, too much at night and the caffeine will keep you up. almonds are amazing too. great general rule is just dont put anything into your body thats in a package or isnt natural.

exhelodrvr

pilot
Yeah the lunch thing has been an issue. Usually we eat fast food because that's all that is here. Occassionally we bring frozen dinners though when money is tight. I've been tryin to cut back on how much I eat when I go fast food. Usually only 2 of the jr. burgers and a drink and i'm done. I try to avoid Mcdonalds at all cost. Subway has been my place of choice lately because it isnt nearly as bad as other places. quote]

You will save a lot of money, and can have a much healthier diet, if you take 5 minutes and make a lunch to bring with you. And then the time you spend going to a fast food restaurant can be spent walking/jogging.

fox2102

Yeah i've been working on my diet. I haven't stopped eating what I like i've just significantly cut down on it. I've almost completely cut out soda. I might have one every couple of days. I've actually become quite fond of mineral water.

As far as work outs go I've been thinking about picking up a couple 5 or 10 pound weights to play with while I sit and watch tv or am on the computer. I also saw an infomercial for P90X and honestly that looked like a really good program but it's way out of my price range at the moment. I may try to get a hold of it by other means if possible but who knows.

And the pull up bar is still an issue because I do have a closet with a coat rack but I dont trust it to hold my weight. I might try to jerry rig something up in the closet door way though. I'll have to see what material i have.

RussBow6

Yeah i've been working on my diet. I haven't stopped eating what I like i've just significantly cut down on it. I've almost completely cut out soda. I might have one every couple of days. I've actually become quite fond of mineral water.

As far as work outs go I've been thinking about picking up a couple 5 or 10 pound weights to play with while I sit and watch tv or am on the computer. I also saw an infomercial for P90X and honestly that looked like a really good program but it's way out of my price range at the moment. I may try to get a hold of it by other means if possible but who knows.

And the pull up bar is still an issue because I do have a closet with a coat rack but I dont trust it to hold my weight. I might try to jerry rig something up in the closet door way though. I'll have to see what material i have.

yeah dont pay for anything. crossfit.com is easy and so is crossfitendurance.com (i'm done plugging for XFit i swear)

and careful with making something... my buddy's didnt support him and he ended up with a nice looking metal bar bruise across his face...

the company behind the "perfect pushup" i think just came out with a "perfect pullup" system too. look into that

fox2102

yeah dont pay for anything. crossfit.com is easy and so is crossfitendurance.com (i'm done plugging for XFit i swear)

and careful with making something... my buddy's didnt support him and he ended up with a nice looking metal bar bruise across his face...

the company behind the "perfect pushup" i think just came out with a "perfect pullup" system too. look into that

Haha yeah the metal bar across the face was what i was worried about. I'll check out crossfit and see what it's all about.

I forgot all about that. I remember seeing the perfect pullup thing on tv a few months back. That would be perfect. I might see if they have it at walmart yet cause I know they have the perfect pushup

fox2102

Yeah I looked at the perfect pull up and it's expensive. Money is pretty tight. I think i'm going to try to jerry rig one up