• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Long time no posts. Thought I'd check in

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't believe in the Perfect Pullup/Pushup. You're corrupting the most pure, functional exercises in existence. The Crossfit thing is no joke; I'm intrigued by P90X, but am scared to plunk down the $$$. I've also known guys who swear by TRX straps. Bodyweight training should be the nucleus of a well-rounded program.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Yeah I looked at the perfect pull up and it's expensive. Money is pretty tight. I think i'm going to try to jerry rig one up

There's an Iron Gym rig at walmart for 15 bucks, nothing more than a bar that you can screw to a door frame/halway, the bar sits between two mounting brackets and you can remove the bar and leave the brackets whenever it gets in the way, comes with four brackets so you can mount em lower and use the bar to hook your feet under for situps. I own this one, works pretty well, tho don't put it in too wide of a hallway because it's telescoping, and the further it stretches out the weaker it is.

If you don't want to go drilling holes in your wall then there's a rig that you can hang in your door frame for like 25-30 bucks, they sell em at walmart too. does the sit up thing also.

fox2102

There's an Iron Gym rig at walmart for 15 bucks, nothing more than a bar that you can screw to a door frame/halway, the bar sits between two mounting brackets and you can remove the bar and leave the brackets whenever it gets in the way, comes with four brackets so you can mount em lower and use the bar to hook your feet under for situps. I own this one, works pretty well, tho don't put it in too wide of a hallway because it's telescoping, and the further it stretches out the weaker it is.

If you don't want to go drilling holes in your wall then there's a rig that you can hang in your door frame for like 25-30 bucks, they sell em at walmart too. does the sit up thing also.
Ok awesome that sounds perfect. I get paid tomorrow too so I might have enough to get it then.

fox2102

Ok so.... I bought an iron gym today. I gave a pull up a shot and it was an epic fail to say the least. So how do I build myself up to being able to do a pull up?