• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Look at those sheep?

JLockheed

Wanderer
I missed the "sheep theory," but thats unfreakin believable. If I ever saw someone doing that, I'd be going to jail for beating the sh*t out of the carjacker. (Either jail or the emergency room, either way I'm not about to stand around and watch).

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
The sheep theory was essentially that there are three types of people in the world: wolves, sheep, and sheep dogs. The basics was that most of the people are sheep, and need protecting from the wolves by the sheep dogs.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I still think its sick. I mean if you're going to get scared or whatever, thats fine I guess. But then run away or get in your car or something. Dont just stand there watching whats going on.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
truly sad... that guy needs to be CHOKED

reminds me of the 80+ year old woman with a walker that was assaulted for like $30 in NYC not too long ago

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
The sheep theory was essentially that there are three types of people in the world: wolves, sheep, and sheep dogs. The basics was that most of the people are sheep, and need protecting from the wolves by the sheep dogs.

I think the whole theory is in a thread on here... not sure, quick search turned up nada.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I think the whole theory is in a thread on here... not sure, quick search turned up nada.

yeah, I know it's on here somewhere, but I couldn't find the thread either. I also didn't look too hard though.

Toddie4usa5

I missed the "sheep theory," but thats unfreakin believable. If I ever saw someone doing that, I'd be going to jail for beating the sh*t out of the carjacker. (Either jail or the emergency room, either way I'm not about to stand around and watch).
I either supply your bail money or be your cell mate J, that guy is waste of sperm, his momma shouldve swallowed.

usmcecho4

pilot
Bystander Effect (also known as bystander apathy or bystander intervention) is a psychological phenomenon in which someone is less likely to intervene in an emergency situation when others are present than when he or she is alone.

The whole sheep, wolf, sheepdog thing was discussed in On Killing and On Combat. I couldn't find it in a search either but I do think I remember A4s claiming to be some sort of Wolf-Sheep-Dog hybrid. :)

Sheep , wolves, etc
http://www.pgpft.com/On_Sheep_Wolves_and_Sheepdogs-Grossman.htm

Bystander Effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

Lawman

None
The Majority of people would rather observe then risk life and limb for a stranger, its an instinct from when we were not the top of the food chain. Think about it from the nature aspect of nobody helps the wounded slow wildebeast when a couple bull wildebeasts could easily trample and kill an attacking lion, no instead they watch because the risk of injury while saving is judged as to great to them.

On the other hand there are some people that can ignore or just plain dont have this instinct effect their behavior. They are the ones that rush towards the danger and attempt to do all they can while selflessly exposing themselves to danger.

The unfortunate circumstance though is that the majority of people that would make the decision as to whether or not you were in the wrong for shooting the scumsucker beating the hell out of the old man who was just minding his own damn buisness would be from the first group and would be unable to understand your actions much less justify them as right.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....I do think I remember A4s claiming to be some sort of Wolf-Sheep-Dog hybrid. :)...
Think so ??? Now where WOULD that be on AW's, sport ??? I suppose the "smiley" lets you off the hook ... but as I don't "claim" to be anything I'm not ... and I don't "claim" to be much other than a "survivor" ... put up or shut up.

*edit* :)

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I would hope there is a special spot in jail for this guy, right next to the child molesters.

Random8145

Contributor
I think maybe some people also just get scared to get involved if they see people beating a person, in case it is some type of gang or something that could come after their family (or maybe that's just me and I am being paranoid, IMO you never know though). I would at least call the police though.