• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for gouge? Ask your Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation here (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
^ Hah for some reason I just pictured this story being acted out by:
mr_bean.jpg

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
DSL - our inspections were graded once a week, but we didn't know which day was taken down for a 'grade', if that makes sense.

Things may have changed, I know they're toning down a lot on the hell night stuff as well as spirit missions, etc., not really sure what it's going to turn the VTCC into. Good luck with all of your choices. I loved VT, but VMI and Citadel are great opportunities as well. You're a sharp young lady and have proven to be willing to learn, you'll do fine.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
inspection every day? i think most military schools have inspection only once a week (or maybe i am wrong about that)

ok. thanx. VT/VTCC is one of the schools i am trying to choose between... in like... 14 days.

Not a formal one, but as a freshman your room always has to be squared away at almost every military school.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Because they have made the BOQ suck to live at.
O-Clubs not open like they used to be. God help you getting women who are not dependents on base, etc.

Also with BAH rates being what they are now, you are "not getting your moneys worth" in the BOQ vice living in a rented house with your buds.

Most of the BOQ's that I have stayed at are hotel rooms and are not geared for long term living, the only one I saw like that was in Whiting where some of my buds were.

I couldn't even get a CNA or reserve a room the last time I got to Whidbey, either you had a place out in town or were SOL. And don't get me started on going across country on orders now, the Chair Force considered me to be in the same category as all the retirees even though I had PCS orders, and I was not able to get one room all the way across this last time. :icon_rage

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most of the BOQ's that I have stayed at are hotel rooms and are not geared for long term living, the only one I saw like that was in Whiting where some of my buds were.
There is a difference between a "transient room" and a "permanent party room." Unless the Q does try to screw you into accepting a hotel room as "Permanent Party" when the aforementioned two-room suites are available (Meridian). Also some do not provide permanent party accommodations.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is a difference between a "transient room" and a "permanent party room." Unless the Q does try to screw you into accepting a hotel room as "Permanent Party" when the aforementioned two-room suites are available (Meridian). Also some do not provide permanent party accommodations.
The newer Q at North Island was nice enough. The two older facilities weren't so good. The multi story one down the hill sucked! The original single story location that was adjacent to the I Bar had it's advantages. Location, Location, Location ;).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...The original single story location that was adjacent to the I Bar had it's advantages....
Especially advantageous while crawling back to your room on your hands & knees after a night of imbibing and "being somebody". :)

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Here's one.

What is life like aboard MSC ships for helicopter detachments? I assume HSC does this right?

I sailed with MSC, but the ship did not have a helo detachment as I was on an Oiler.

I know those on the Lewis and Clark class must have it good, those ships have internet wired to each room.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I know those on the Lewis and Clark class must have it good, those ships have internet wired to each room.

All ships have internet wired to each room nowadays. It's just a matter of how good the internet is. I'm guessing MSC's internet is far Gucci-er than FFG internet.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
All ships have internet wired to each room nowadays. It's just a matter of how good the internet is. I'm guessing MSC's internet is far Gucci-er than FFG internet.

When I was out there, IM worked, AW chat worked, page downloads were pretty quick, and my school and yahoo email accounts worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.