• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Low flying frogs...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I would be worried about smacking that huge wing. Nuts.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Well I meant besides the obvious ridiculous-ness of the pass...wouldnt you damage the engines with sand/rocks etc flying that ridiculously low?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well I meant besides the obvious ridiculous-ness of the pass...wouldnt you damage the engines with sand/rocks etc flying that ridiculously low?

"Flying that ridiculously low"...like on take-off and landing?

It's not a major concern, no.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah kinda hard to claim a tactical necessity as a tanker. Was that Pepe Lepue in the backround talking?

joboy_2.0

Contributor
"Flying that ridiculously low"...like on take-off and landing?

It's not a major concern, no.

Well I always thought you had a hundred or so sailors sweep the deck for tiny nuts and bolts. Seems there is a lot more to damage on the sandy/rocky earth than an A/C carrier during T/O and landing.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seems there is a lot more to damage on the sandy/rocky earth than an A/C carrier during T/O and landing.

Guess we better stop using desert runways and unprepared fields then...

I'm not going to argue with you about this. FOD intake doesn't even make my list of concerns regarding that video.

I'd wager they're at least 30-50 feet high on that pass. I haven't had any rocks hit the windshield that high.

But hey, what would I know...

joboy_2.0

Contributor
I'm not going to argue with you about this. FOD intake doesn't even make my list of concerns regarding video.

I'd wager they're at least 30-50 feet high on that pass. I haven't had any rocks hit the windshield that high.

But hey, what would I know...

that's all you had to say. Couldn't judge height on that vid.