• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Low flying frogs...

sundevil_av8r

pilot
it might just be me but that video looks fake. the plane looks too small for being that close. plus... watch the shadow. it starts out in front of the plane (sun behind them) and then moves behind the plane after it passes. I could be wrong but for being that close to the ground without a change in altitude... the shadow would not move that way. when he pulled up at the end, the shadow would move forward and not backwards.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
it might just be me but that video looks fake. the plane looks too small for being that close. plus... watch the shadow. it starts out in front of the plane (sun behind them) and then moves behind the plane after it passes. I could be wrong but for being that close to the ground without a change in altitude... the shadow would not move that way. when he pulled up at the end, the shadow would move forward and not backwards.

It looks legit to me.

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll say it again... the French are insane.

Third-world country, third-world ATC and a former colony where they are the only competent military guys around. A recipe for shennanigans to be had by all.......:D

P.S. You ought to see how safety concious the Italians are, a good example is the air show crash in '89. They have no regard for safety, at all.......:eek:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Third-world country, third-world ATC .... where they are the only competent military guys around. A recipe for shennanigans to be had by all.......:D
That was generally the USN name of the game in the P.I. and pretty much/most (all?) of SEA back-in-the-day ... :) ... as we "owned" the place.

The Ugly American was alive and well ...

But really ... re: the video?? it's not that big of a deal. It just depends on the situation and circumstance. Even in the "First World", sometimes ... you do what you have to do to get "it" done.

Example: We did basically the same thing (747-my leg) after bringing some troops back to Ft. Riley, KS (Forbes Field ANG ?) post-Gulf #1. No radar, no departures, just VF 'n R ops ... some CB's building over/near the field and lightning struck just to the side of the runway @ 2000 feet in front of us ... sooooooo .... we (I , in this case :)) stood the throttles up and gave the Whale her head and held it down on the runway after take-off @ 50-100 feet to suck up the gear/flaps to get airspeed and clear the WX shelf that was closing out the approach end of the field and us.

Got max forward A/S prior to the end of the runway as a result and did the 747 version of a modified Immelman departure to clear the WX (Max -- 15 kills --- would have been proud of our imaginative use of his creation) .... and away we went to rejoin the the "rest" of the more stuffy First World.

My civilian crewmembers were in awe (?) ... I thought it was just another day in the P.I. ... :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P.S. You ought to see how safety concious the Italians are, a good example is the air show crash in '89. They have no regard for safety, at all.......:eek:

Unlike Marine Prowler crews.

Brett

Tom

pilot
Contributor
That was generally the USN name of the game in the P.I. and pretty much/most (all?) of SEA back-in-the-day ... :) ... as we "owned" the place.

But really ... re: the video?? it's not that big of a deal. It just depends on the situation and circumstance. Even in the "First World", sometimes ... you do what you have to do to get "it" done.

Example: We did basically the same thing (747-my leg) after bringing some troops back to Ft. Riley, KS (Forbes Field ANG ?) post-Gulf #1. No radar, no departures, just VF 'n R ops ... some CB's building over/near the field and lightning struck just to the side of the runway @ 2000 feet in front of us ... sooooooo .... we (I , in this case :)) stood the throttles up and gave the Whale her head and held it down on the runway after take-off @ 50-100 feet to suck up the gear/flaps to get airspeed and clear the WX shelf that was closing out the approach end of the field and us.

Got max forward A/S prior to the end of the runway as a result and did the 747 version of a modified Immelman departure to clear the WX (Max -- 15 kills --- would have been proud of our imaginative use of his creation) .... and away we went to rejoin the the "rest" of the more stuffy First World.

My civilian crewmembers were in awe (?) ... I thought it was just another day in the P.I. ... :)

How are you not dead yet? Make a deal with the devil?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor

Happiness is....a good A4's yarn...thanks.