• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Making the best of MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I had a couple of AF types train me, we use a 500' bubble and 3000' agl hard deck. Call if you lose sight, knock it off under certain conditions, I'm guessing along the lines that most ACM IP's teach. The pictures are from an air show I flew, so things were pretty tame, mainly became a vertical scissors.

Tracom rules were 500' bubble and 10,000' hard deck (or 5k above highest cloud deck IICR), though 3k is probably more than enough to recover an OCF yak I'd imagine. There are actually a whole couple of pages worth of training rules that you must know, but yeah the big areas are lost sight, blind/sun, and ROE for the flats.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Thanks for sharing...View attachment 11964
I must admitt I expected more serious graphs.
The 21 is always better here ?!? with almost symmetrical acceleration contours for both planes, as their drag and thrust curves are the same?!
I found better results in "Fighter Performance in Practice".

What exactly is your background? If you're not a fighter or tactical type, you have no expertise to add to this and just wasting everyone's time. Not quite sure why you started this thread either.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Michael, if you are an "aquisition" manager, you should at least know how to spell/capitalize Acquisition Manager...no?:icon_razz
BzB

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
This might be a silly question, but do foreign elements actually try to get intel data on our assets from THIS forum? The OP seems to be doing that.

At least, that's how it looks to me. Very suspect.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Several eastern Europe-based low-post count folks asking questions about pointy nose performance figures in the last couple months. Coincidence? My money says no

gotta_fly

pilot
Especially since most of the legit users are way more concerned with questions about booze and gossip.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You bet your ass they do.
NOTE TO NOOBS WRT CURRENT EVENTS: This is why moderators get a bug up our collective keister about OPSEC/COMSEC. If you don't think Ahmed, Ivan, or Hui read this forum, you're deluding yourself.

Or for that matter, Major General/Vice Admiral/Special Agent Fillintheblank and his/her staff.

michael82

Banned
Guys don't be too suspicious as you are in some communist country...at least we all owes that to democracy, to be vigilant but not paranoid.

I grew with your aviation books as a hobby, starting with 'aerodynamics for naval aviators'. Now I work in flight engineering dept. I think that days when some secret services chased somebody's intelligence data are over. Long time ago intelligence agencies realized that future is in bribing gov officials to serve IA. What more I think that my country's government legally delivered all material that somebody may consider as secret to your officers.

We are in internet era, remember? Nephew of my boss, 14 year old child, got on internet all aerodynamic data for Russian most modern planes, if somebody is interested I can ask child about sustained turn g of Su-27/35 or Navy F-35, all official. Maybe problem for some enemy country is to build one Su or F, not to find their facts.

So I'm asking again: can someone recommend some book dealing with fighter performance of actual aircraft?

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
I grew with your aviation books as a hobby, starting with 'aerodynamics for naval aviators'. Now I work in flight engineering dept. I think that days when some secret services chased somebody's intelligence data are over. Long time ago intelligence agencies realized that future is in bribing gov officials to serve IA. What more I think that my country's government legally delivered all material that somebody may consider as secret to your officers.
Like this?

At least she's hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.