• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Making the best of MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Give It Up...

So I'm asking again: can someone recommend some book dealing with fighter performance of actual aircraft?

Geez, you just don't get it!!!:censored_

Edit: Your Profile still sucks.
BzB

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Guys don't be too suspicious as you are in some communist country...at least we all owes that to democracy, to be vigilant but not paranoid.

I grew with your aviation books as a hobby, starting with 'aerodynamics for naval aviators'. Now I work in flight engineering dept. I think that days when some secret services chased somebody's intelligence data are over. Long time ago intelligence agencies realized that future is in bribing gov officials to serve IA. What more I think that my country's government legally delivered all material that somebody may consider as secret to your officers.

We are in internet era, remember? Nephew of my boss, 14 year old child, got on internet all aerodynamic data for Russian most modern planes, if somebody is interested I can ask child about sustained turn g of Su-27/35 or Navy F-35, all official. Maybe problem for some enemy country is to build one Su or F, not to find their facts.

So I'm asking again: can someone recommend some book dealing with fighter performance of actual aircraft?

We're not paranoid, we just don't trust you. It's called being vigilant. Go ask your bosses nephew for recommendations since he's got all the official information.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Being it's the internet age, you should easily be able to find the info you're looking for. If not, buy a Jane's...they have it in your country no? As it is, this thread is done.

michael82

Banned
Fighter Performance in Practice: F-4 vs MiG-21

It seems that nobody agrees on these a/c abilities, agencies, air forces...not even Israelis..

Some dispute what F-4 manual's instantaneous turns at 27 units AOA, other dispute MiG's manual saying it shouldn't be flown above ~ 17 deg actual AOA (or units on scale), some said MiG has better SEP, some think opposite...

Has anyone else had a look on it at eBay and would offer a comment ?

Removed gratuitous spam link to his ebay auction.....

Thanks !!!

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Yet it seems everyone agrees that we're not going to discuss this here with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.