• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Man accused of pumping jet fuel into his car

FlyinRock

I was just reading a book,"80 Knots to Mach 2," by an old Navy pilot. He said that the first generation of jets on carriers frequently ran on avgas, as a significant portion of the fleet was still piston-driven. He said that they ran fine, but the turbine blades got coated with a lot of carbon.

I remember an old Huey guy telling me that a UH-1 could "run on Jack Daniels."
No No No it was the pilots that ran on Jack Daniels ...<ggg>

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
He said the maintainers who took the fuel samples used a device that looked "like a mayonnaise jar" to sample all the sumps. Then, they just dumped it out. Soooo, my IP went and got a waste 55 gallon drum and a funnel, mounted it to a handtruck, and had the maintainers wheel it out when they did fuel samples.

IDK about the legality of it. I mean, this was the same sqdrn where one of the JO's built a biodiesel refinery in his garage and was getting all the waste oil from the McD's on base, processing it and selling the stuff to all the other guys in the sqdrn for $1 a gallon.

Gee, I'd sure hate to see the plans for that Biodiesel refinery...:D