• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 23 AMDO board

By any chance does anyone have an idea of what quotas are looking like? I know the select goal is 31, but based on the info I’ve seen in the past, it’s always been 31

That is the weird part of it, there are supposedly 31 slots, but they can choose to fill as many or as little as they deem necessary. Hell, one cycle they selected 18 and the cycle after that was about 16. There were far more applications those cycles versus now.

exNavyOffRec

That is the weird part of it, there are supposedly 31 slots, but they can choose to fill as many or as little as they deem necessary. Hell, one cycle they selected 18 and the cycle after that was about 16. There were far more applications those cycles versus now.
The average number of spots per year for NRC selection is about 31, that is divided into 2 boards. The best example is if there were 32 for the year/16 per board, if the board selected 18 then the next board would be left with 14 but if they picked more than 32 that would likely reduce what they would select for the next year as they already select about 140% of what is really needed.

The average number of spots per year for NRC selection is about 31, that is divided into 2 boards. The best example is if there were 32 for the year/16 per board, if the board selected 18 then the next board would be left with 14 but if they picked more than 32 that would likely reduce what they would select for the next year as they already select about 140% of what is really needed.
I also saw that credit is distributed regionally and to the fleet, but it appears to only be a recommendation and not a standard as with AMDO, it is largely enlisted that get selected.

exNavyOffRec

I also saw that credit is distributed regionally and to the fleet, but it appears to only be a recommendation and not a standard as with AMDO, it is largely enlisted that get selected.
nope, it is used for tracking purposes but there is no separate goal, it is all best qualified. Now in the case of AMDO a person having experience in aircraft maintenance is a big plus to being "best qualified".

nope, it is used for tracking purposes but there is no separate goal, it is all best qualified. Now in the case of AMDO a person having experience in aircraft maintenance is a big plus to being "best qualified".
Interesting, definitely answers a lot of questions I had regarding that. The AT board list with respect to just enlisted has only a few non-aviation rates. I had also noticed that the AMDO community favors AT and AE.