• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MAY 2023 SUPPLY BOARD

Mark Spanel

I hope someone still looks at this thread, and hopefully has some insight for me.

I applied to the may 2023 NFO board. I waited 12 weeks with no one reaching out to me to tell me if i got selected or not. I waited an additional 2 weeks before i reached out to mr celestin and asked about the results, to which he said i did not get selected.

I know this is a year ago, but it has been eating at me ever since. So my question is this: is this the official way to get word that you did NOT get accepted? Does a non-acceptance result get put out to BOL or your chain of command? no one reached out to my chain of command, and like i said, i had to pull for information from my celestin myself. currently, my BOL doesnt have any record of me applying for any board whatsoever, and all of this seems kind of fishy to me, especially since this last cycle my twin brother, who had a lower OAR than me, got picked up for NFO.

I know i sound bitter, and i am. but as of now im trying to just figure out what happened.

Ive come to terms with the not gettin accepted part, but i have a sneaking suspicion that my application never got submitted. Does anyone still have this "at board" list?

exNavyOffRec

I hope someone still looks at this thread, and hopefully has some insight for me.

I applied to the may 2023 NFO board. I waited 12 weeks with no one reaching out to me to tell me if i got selected or not. I waited an additional 2 weeks before i reached out to mr celestin and asked about the results, to which he said i did not get selected.

I know this is a year ago, but it has been eating at me ever since. So my question is this: is this the official way to get word that you did NOT get accepted? Does a non-acceptance result get put out to BOL or your chain of command? no one reached out to my chain of command, and like i said, i had to pull for information from my celestin myself. currently, my BOL doesnt have any record of me applying for any board whatsoever, and all of this seems kind of fishy to me, especially since this last cycle my twin brother, who had a lower OAR than me, got picked up for NFO.

I know i sound bitter, and i am. but as of now im trying to just figure out what happened.

Ive come to terms with the not gettin accepted part, but i have a sneaking suspicion that my application never got submitted. Does anyone still have this "at board" list?
Your command and BOL should both be reflected, if nothing was on BOL and your command wasn't notified it makes me wonder if you were just found not qualified for the board/not sent to board, or if someone dropped the ball with BOL.

OAR doesn't matter with NFO, it is the FOFAR that matters, if you have a bad GPA that could do it too.

Also are you sure your conditional release was signed and accepted?

Mark Spanel

Your command and BOL should both be reflected, if nothing was on BOL and your command wasn't notified it makes me wonder if you were just found not qualified for the board/not sent to board, or if someone dropped the ball with BOL.

OAR doesn't matter with NFO, it is the FOFAR that matters, if you have a bad GPA that could do it too.

Also are you sure your conditional release was signed and accepted?
I got my conditional release from PERS 403 (the nuke community), but my BOL never reflected anything about my application, and my chain of command never heard anything about me not getting accepted.

like i said, all that happened was an email from me reaching out to Celestin and asking about my status. I know that LDO non select results are posted to BOL, which makes me thing that Celestin never submitted my application because as far as i can tell there is no record of me applying, other than my emails with him.

im bitter about it because im not allowed to apply again to OCS until 2026 because PERS wont grant me a conditional release until i am within 18 months of my EAOS, so im stuck being enlisted until then.

Im hoping that if i can get proof that my application was never submitted because of Celestin, then i can convince PERS to grant my conditional release to let me apply again.

exNavyOffRec

I got my conditional release from PERS 403 (the nuke community), but my BOL never reflected anything about my application, and my chain of command never heard anything about me not getting accepted.

like i said, all that happened was an email from me reaching out to Celestin and asking about my status. I know that LDO non select results are posted to BOL, which makes me thing that Celestin never submitted my application because as far as i can tell there is no record of me applying, other than my emails with him.

im bitter about it because im not allowed to apply again to OCS until 2026 because PERS wont grant me a conditional release until i am within 18 months of my EAOS, so im stuck being enlisted until then.

Im hoping that if i can get proof that my application was never submitted because of Celestin, then i can convince PERS to grant my conditional release to let me apply again.
So you are aware Mr. Celestin doesn't make the call to or not to submit, he just processes the paperwork and moves it up and everything is tracked so if any processor isn't moving an application along it is noticed and that issue fixed.

I can see a few places that could have caused this whole thing to happen.

1. Your FOFAR was too low and you were a "N" but they dropped the ball on notifying you, what was your FOFAR? if it was a 5 or 6 probably low chance of selection last year.

2. Age, it looks like your age at application would have been 31/32, you need to have been able to graduate prior to age 32, if that couldn't have happened they could have just rejected for that reason, or if you had a waiver approved by NRC the board could have just rejected the waiver as they can do that.

3. GPA, even though aviation doesn't have a min GPA listed on the PA they often don't go less than 2.5 but even then the board can decided to just reject anyone with a GPA less than X.XX and not even review their applications.

4. Conditional release, I heard they changed the conditional release for nukes to 18 months before EAOS, I thought that happened last year, if that change happened before the board they could have decided to not send you to board.

No matter which of the above it was or maybe something else someone should have communicated to you what happened, that is what every person who applies deserves whether good news or bad news.