• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS and Colorblindness test; new problem for me

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I had trouble with this. Go back to MEPS, sit on the front of the chair, lean forward, and take your time before calling the colors. Remember, there is red, green, and white. Pink=red. FALANT is the best way to go, but nobody does it but the military. Just my .02.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
First, should have kept this under your original thread, it's not a "new problem."

Second, this horse has been beaten, severely. FALANT is your only real alternative for a 'possibly' acceptable civilian proctored test unless you find out yourself otherwise. Remember, it still has to be approved AFTER you submit it.

Third, There are civilian doctors out there that have it. If you really want it bad, I can give you the information of a Doctor who only deals with FAA medicals here in Phoenix that has one. His appointment is $40 of course not including whatever it cost you to get here.

It's all about how bad you want it, and how much risk you are willing to take to get there. You could fail your flight medical after commission, and that's a risk you have to accept, color deficient or not.

FALANT is the best way to go, but nobody does it but the military...

FAA allows the FALANT as well, but you have to find a civilian doctor to proctor it.

coreymiller1

OCC 198 hopeful
so I can convince MEPS to let me retake it at their facility? I'm feeling like my OSO knows less and less about what he's talking about each day. He told me that ishihara was fine. Is that why it wasn't accepted?

MettGT

pilot
so I can convince MEPS to let me retake it at their facility? I'm feeling like my OSO knows less and less about what he's talking about each day. He told me that ishihara was fine. Is that why it wasn't accepted?

Unfortunately, some OSO's don't always know everything they are supposed to. My OSO when I started out (I've got a new one now) didn't know anything about PRK and initially wrote me off as going nowhere. I had to hound them to let me take the ASTB and then hound them some more to get me a flight physical. When I passed, my OSO was pretty surprised. Sometimes you have to take things into your own hands and educate them yourself.

millerjd

Stayin' alive

The path you take to Officership is going to answer that question. You need to push buttons and ask the right people. This question has been asked and answered a million times here, but looks like you may have it different, or maybe the rules have changed. Wont know until you try.