• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mess Dress Blues?

Would an Ensign get ribbed for having Mess Dress Blues?

• Total voters

gotta_fly

pilot
I know this is something we've been over a million times... but every time I think about those new blue cammies I get a shiver. They look pretty cool, but it's absurd to think they're appropriate to replace things like WWB. Navy offices everywhere are going to start looking like they're full of overflow from the local 'Hot Topic' store at the mall.

phrogpilot73

I know this is something we've been over a million times... but every time I think about those new blue cammies I get a shiver. They look pretty cool, but it's absurd to think they're appropriate to replace things like WWB. Navy offices everywhere are going to start looking like they're full of overflow from the local 'Hot Topic' store at the mall.
Holy cow, you're flamingly gay...

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Speaking of the blue cammies, I get commissioned in May and these new uniforms are coming out over the summer, as a SNFO how early will I need to buy a set initially? Would there be a chance of needing it API or anything?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nobody has any idea; the new uniforms are still about a year off, and local commands will set uniform policy (who wears what when).

My money is that you'll still be in khakis for API. The Marine and AF cones don't wear their cammies, so I can't see that they'd change it for Navy folk. And after that, you'll be in bags for the duration, unless you're on duty or going to see the Skipper for some malfeasance - and in either case, again, khakis.

No one likes the digi cammies. But if you can't be in a flight suit, they're better than wash khakis or swoveralls.