• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MiG-29 Fulcrum and F-14A Tomcat flyovers

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Caption: "Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full..."

top01.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And for that, I wonder how many more are sitting in the line or the hangar with various and sundry panels open, engines dropped, seats pulled, and maintainers passed out from exhaustion. :icon_tong

B

Blutonski816

Nice... Glove Vanes extended...
somewhat fun to see...

although seeing Ahmadinejād kinda soiled it for me...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And for that, I wonder how many more are sitting in the line or the hangar with various and sundry panels open, engines dropped, seats pulled, and maintainers passed out from exhaustion. :icon_tong

Well, they did start out with 79 birds 29 years ago......so 8% minimum is not too bad with the parts turned off.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I remember going to visit my grandparents (1998 ?!?) and seeing some of the tomcats parked under camoflauge nets at the main airport in Tehran...Mehrabad is the name of the airport, I remember getting out of the airplane and having to walk on the tarmac under armed guard and getting onto buses to the terminal. They were really nice to Americans though, the people are very friendly, its unfortuante that the religious freaks run the country, as they are not a good representation of how nice and caring the people are.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor

Couldn't be any worse than here....:(

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
They'd look even better with a TD box around them.

The dude standing next to A-jhad looks like he's wearing Wings of Gold.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I remember going to visit my grandparents (1998 ?!?) and seeing some of the tomcats parked under camoflauge nets at the main airport in Tehran...Mehrabad is the name of the airport, I remember getting out of the airplane and having to walk on the tarmac under armed guard and getting onto buses to the terminal. They were really nice to Americans though, the people are very friendly, its unfortuante that the religious freaks run the country, as they are not a good representation of how nice and caring the people are.
Someone's gonna have fun on his SF86 . . . You went WHERE?? :D

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
haha...yeah..about that..well this was when i was 16 and i went to iran to visit my grandparents since my grandfather was ill and my parents (my mom is american) wanted me to meet everyone since i probably wouldnt be able to go back again...i had to put all of that down on my SF86.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had the pleasure of flying one of those then brand new F-14's from Grumman on Long Island, to Iran long ago.

It surprisingly took us 32 days on State Department per diem (triple the Navy per diem at the time - and we spent it all, and then some :D ;)), to get there, and gave us enough sea stories to last a lifetime.

It's great to see them still flying, albeit in the wrong hands. :(