• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MiG-29 Fulcrum and F-14A Tomcat flyovers

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Did anyone else see this as Iran's way of saying "Yes we've got 'em, and yes they fly" to the world?

MPH

Did anyone else see this as Iran's way of saying "Yes we've got 'em, and yes they fly" to the world?

I think everyone did...

See above:
And for that, I wonder how many more are sitting in the line or the hangar with various and sundry panels open, engines dropped, seats pulled, and maintainers passed out from exhaustion. :icon_tong

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Nice... Glove Vanes extended...
somewhat fun to see...

Excellent catch, I also think demonstrating them in various sweep angles is interesting.

B

Blutonski816

Maybe as a statement to the world at large, yes. Howver there have already been photos popping up here and there in the past few months of IRIAF Tomcats getting back in the air... So not necessarily BIG news, but at least it shows that they had at least a handful of "up" jets at that moment in time...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just because the planes can fly dosen't mean they can shoot anything.
For all we see from that video, they could have been single-generator, single-radio, no-radar, no-IFF, VFR only, and 2g limited. And was that a motor chug I saw? :icon_tong

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Excellent catch, I also think demonstrating them in various sweep angles is interesting.

I've never seen a Tomcat flyby (or break for that matter) where the wings weren't all the way swept back. It looks sloppy with all manner of angles in the same division.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've never seen a Tomcat flyby (or break for that matter) where the wings weren't all the way swept back. It looks sloppy with all manner of angles in the same division.

Navy experienced some windsweep issues that resulted in X-wing configuration airborne. Could be they're experiencing same thing and opted to match the stuck wing position.....:D