• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Aircraft at Airshows

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
kmac said:
You guys are punks, both of you. BUT.... the real story is that my dad went to an air show at Mugu, met up with a Hummer driver and told him that I was going to the Rag. He calls me up and says "Hey hold on, I've got someone for you to talk to.....<new voice> hello this is LT ****.... from VAW-112." He actually called me up just so I could talk to an E-2 pilot. I was truly a bit confused. Turns out the guy was pretty cool and I saw him around quite a bit at the Rag. I'm not THAT guy, but I guess my dad is darn near one himself.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night kmac.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
I'm in the Midwest, doing a relatively big airshow... don't trust NFOs. Karma is a motherfvcker.
Wow! Even a SWO wouldn't do something like this. Hope you had a peer to peer mentoring session...one that ended with "you better not ever do that again." :icon_trou

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This was the same guy who refused to participate in his own wetting down due to the "cost involved". That should pretty much tell you what kind of guy he was.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
This was the same guy who refused to participate in his own wetting down due to the "cost involved". That should pretty much tell you what kind of guy he was.
Sounds like somebody in quality control dropped the ball.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
zab1001 said:
That's why we liked to do them in the P.I. --- it flushed "those guys" out from cover and besides --- you could have a $10,000 equivalent wetting down for $100. :) Gotta love those 'Joes ....

olongapobar7dn.jpg
subbarolongapo168bar019js.jpg

See Rome and die ... ??? Naaaa .... it's see Olongapo and die !!!! Except you never really want to see it in daylight, as in the above bar picture complete with maitre-d' (or is it maitre-die in this case ???).

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess I should also clarify, that story only covered 2 days of the trip. Things went considerably better the preceding 2 days. If you ever see me in a bar, ask me about it. I swear to God it involves ninjas.

phrogpilot73

I've only gotten a chance to go to two airshows, both of which were in Beaufort, SC. There's something to be said for taking an aircraft out of town for a weekend, with nothing but Company Grade at the helm. Things tend to be more fun.

The first time I went to Beaufort, I quickly learned that you answer the parents' questions truthfully. However, the kids don't want to hear "the first detent on the trigger is ICS, the second are the radios". Everything is for the purpose of blowing things up. I've said that my pitot tube was a gun, that the cargo rollers were for bombs, etc... I also hooked up with a fat chick to keep her away from one of my crewchiefs (who wanted to hook up with her friend). Worst part is, he didn't even score!

The second trip to Beaufort was great! As we flew down the beach line at 200 ft, we were keeping our eyes peeled for hot chicks. I think it's safe to say that you make a girls year when you come into a hover next to her to wave and take pictures. Not that I've ever done that ;) I also met a girl that I started dating, and some single (hot) MILF hung out at our aircraft both days. Static display is where it's at - no bottle to brief/flight planning rules! I wish we could do more, but again it's always about the needs of the Navy/Marine Corps...

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
phrogpilot73 said:
I also hooked up with a fat chick to keep her away from one of my crewchiefs (who wanted to hook up with her friend). Worst part is, he didn't even score!

Damn! Way to jump on the grenade for a friend!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
phrogpilot73 said:
Worst part is, he didn't even score!

The second trip to Beaufort was great! As we flew down the beach line at 200 ft, we were keeping our eyes peeled for hot chicks. I think it's safe to say that you make a girls year when you come into a hover next to her to wave and take pictures. Not that I've ever done that ;) I also met a girl that I started dating, and some single (hot) MILF hung out at our aircraft both days.
That's what airshows are all about - getting laid! :D If you can't get laid at an airshow :eek: - you can't get laid anywhere. :(

playerbookmed.jpg

HuggyU2

None
OK... I go to a lot of airshows, and have seen some really neat demos.
But, holy shit!... the "WOW factor" on this is off the charts:

Don't know whose military did it, but good on 'em.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I think that's a Swede.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...Don't know whose military did it, but good on 'em.

Swedish Air Force, they used them for SAR and ASW (note the radar on the belly) among other things.

Edit: Fester beat me to it!

Pags

N/A
pilot

Nice demo but just seems like pretty normal helo stuff.