• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Aviation and Reading Glasses

Thank
Yes, as in they manned up and started a single seat jet with ADM stars on the shoulders of their flight suits. Afloat, mainly tanker duty……I doubt many Admirals can spare 12 hours out of their day to fly a combat mission over the beach. Ashore (different Admiral), mostly red air as a wingman. Again, the ADM doesn't really have the spare time to mission plan/brief a flight/lead/debrief. I'd say a lot of senior guys no longer fly, but it just depends on the job they are in. There are flying O-7+ jobs, though the flying part is more of a secondary benefit than the actual job description.
Th
Holy smokes, kid. Maybe it's an issue, maybe it isnt! Are you a reading glasses manufacturer trying to market to the aviation community?

Admirals get to fly because they either own the planes or they own the runway or ship the planes land on. Also because they write your boss a nice letter later thanking you for the flight.

But seriously - I'm 33, and I use reading glasses all day at work. I don't need them, but the $20 CVS +1.25s just keep me from getting a headache while I fly my desk. If I was doing the pilot thing, I'd leave 'em at home. If I needed them to fly in a helo, I'd have them on w/ some croakies, maybe w/ a velcro breakaway thing if I wanted to get fancy. If I needed them to fly in a jet, I'd figure something jet-like out.

Whether or not it's prohibited is here or here. I challenge you to come away from those documents still uninformed.
Ha ..ha ..love the humor and biting sarcasm on this site. Thanks for the info.