• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Things that were harder at Navy AOCS:
Punitive PT
Inspections (RLPs)
Academics
DOR policy (you say it, you're gone that instant)
Eating chow (procedures)

Things that were harder at Marine OCS:
Regular PT
Leadership challenges (by a great deal)
Living Conditions

Things that are the same either place:
The chow tastes the same.

The biggest difference is that in the navy, if you just shut up, blend in, and hack it, you'll pass. Nobody makes you prove that you can lead. At Marine OCS, you can be doing fine until the end, punt some leadership billet into the grandstands, and get sh!tcanned that very week.

Libbo was much better at AOCS (longer and higher quality). I got much more sleep there, too.

The redass factor is about the same.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Are there any people who honestly give it their all and still can't get excellent low on the way out? What happens to those people?

USMC Helo Bubba

Contributor
How in the world did you make $15,000 at OCS for 6 weeks of work? Pay is typically E-5 pay which I can guarentee is less than $10K per month...

Not being a d!ck just trying to figure out how you got your numbers...

UMMMM....I think it might have been a joke!

MasterHaynes86

i dont wanna backtrack to find the post and quote it. Someone suggested body glide as a good way to avoid blisters, chaffing, ect... well, i just went on a boots n utes run and applied it to my feet and inner thighs. So far this stuff is good. My last boots run my feet blistered nicely and today those blisters had healed with dead skin still there. 3.5 miles and i wasn't even close to a blister in my uncomforable boots. If this stuff works on the next few, I think it will find a place in the seabag for OCS :) Thanks for that suggestion.

NOTE: its expensive

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
I see you've been researching your first few days with Brett this summer.

No actually I'm contemplating what will happen on this first saturday that everyone seems so hush hush about, with the look on their face as if they just got a prostate exam.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
He probably made all that extra money by taking everyones weekend fire watch duties. It's amazing how much money someone will shell out for you to cover them for 2 hours.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
No, actually I forgot to include fire-watch duties. If you're willing to stay on base during libo, I've seen up to $50 for a 2-hour watch. So correct my figure to $15,300.