• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What was the Captain shooting at if he is qualifying? Looks like there'd just be water.

Stuff like that is often called a FAMFIRE (familiarization fire). It's more about getting reps firing a crew served gun, but sometimes rifles will be shot. Sometimes there might be a big Killer Tomato to shoot at, other times, not so much.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
IMG_0004.jpeg

Had a little company on the range last week (zoom in- left of the closest berm). With the right rifle, ammo, and my truck nearby, it was tempting to fill the freezer. Literally everything I needed except deer season.

Funny thing was, they came across the range AFTER I had shot a couple of groups. I guess the deer in these parts are used to the sound of rifle fire.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
That’s the first time I’ve been mistaken for one of those… :eek:

I shoot well enough, especially with the .308 at 125y. ;)
Maybe the deer have become self-aware of the regs, and are now just fucking with you at the range...I wouldn't put it past them.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Maybe the deer have become self-aware of the regs, and are now just fucking with you at the range...I wouldn't put it past them.
Me neither. My guess is, come deer season, they will be nowhere to be found, just like the last 2 years I have hunted.

Of course, I don’t hunt on this range, either.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Apparently this is a thinig!

GPx1710bIAAbYHj