• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Freezes PCS Moves Through September

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Read the article and it didn't address anything as far as flight school to the rag. If your FRS is the same place as your fleet squadron that would be a PCS move. However, I don't see them shutting down and backing up all the FRS's or any of the advanced squadrons either (not sure if those are PCS).

Anybody in the TRACOM have a clue if this will affect students leaving?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
How can they expect us to just eat thousands of dollars on a move? They call them orders for a reason, it's not exactly a choice.

Big Biff

Got Em
You would think this wouldn't include those in the accession pipeline, especially junior enlisted who are mostly single. Barracks are going to start swelling up at the service school as they often aren't allowed to live off base. I remember we had a Stop-Move ordered before OIF, They thought it would last a year but it lifted in 5 months.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When they freeze PCS moves, that means no one's executing their orders. It doesn't mean eating the bill. I'm sure TRACOM/FRS will be one of the first to be let out of this policy.

This sounds to ol' Fester like one of those Big Navy Specials, to whit:
Big Navy: "We had a Great Idea! Everybody execute!"
Everybody else: "Sir, there's about 1,345 problems with your idea. Here's a detailed list."
Big Navy: "Um...well, exception 1, exception 2, exempt if this that and the other...actually, just standby on the great idea until further notice."
Everybody else: "Wait, aye."

rugby mike

So if I'm reading this correctly and God I hope I am not. The guys at Vance who finish primary will now can not move to advanced till October?

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
So if I'm reading this correctly and God I hope I am not. The guys at Vance who finish primary will now can not move to advanced till October?
Probably... Aren't you glad you're in the asshole of America? Oh wait... I mean...
ENID, AMERICA!!!
:D

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

There aren't many of you all......my money is on them forgetting about you entirely.....maybe you can swing TAD with a UAV squadron until you reach the end of your MSR. :p

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
That happened to me on my way out of Enid... I finished up training in late August... They didn't PCS me till October.

Before you whine too much, relax... There are worse things than having a crapton of time off with nothing to do and a paycheck. Go chill in OKC. Lots to do there.

snake020

Contributor
I love how the Navy says it "needs" to fill IA billets. Time to drop this crap already or have the Army start IAing folks to fill the gapped billets afloat.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
So you are saying that me getting Jax orders (like I want) would actually HELP the Navy? Man that would be awesome!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Pack your bags, pickle. You guys are going to Whidbey or K Bay, just because it makes the least sense for all involved right now.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
Any guesses on how much of an impact this will have on people graduating/commissioning here soon who are supposed to head to Pensacola to start the ol' SNA/SNFO pipeline?
Just wondering since I graduate/commission next Friday (and still have no orders yet)...
Suppose I'll fall under the "holding pattern at present command" category at first.

navy09

None
^^Yes, how does this apply to commissioning officers? Is it different from USNA to ROTC to OCS? Do we count as "entering or leaving the Navy?"