• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Freezes PCS Moves Through September

Pags

N/A
pilot
Settle down, guys. There's no way they can freeze students in place in the Program. Student flow is carefully planned and managed, and turning off PCS money for students would essentially shut down the flight training program. The resulting train wreck would be phenomenal and take years to un-fuck.

Guys in the Fleet need to worry about this, not students. Chill and study.

According to the FAQ on NPC, student moves for training will still take place.

I had to call my detailer today about this to start trying to figure out how this is going to affect my September orders and a coming addition to the family. The first answer wasn't "TFB!" and the detailer is trying to work something out for me.

Of course, the flight training program had it's hours increased. Which is great, since these kids had better hurry up and finish so they can come ride the pine in the fleet and suffer under the boot of the flight hour program with the rest of us.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
As it has been posted before, chill out. As the veteran of 9 moves, there is NOTHING that you can do about where or when you move.

It sucks. It sucks a LOT, not knowing when you're going to move. You all want to get your careers started, I get that. Trust me, it WILL happen. The military isn't going to say, "Nevermind... All you, newly commissioned JOs... we were just kidding... go home and live with your mom and dad..." (as long as there isn't any bird-hunting in S. Florida :eek:)

I'm pissed and stressed that I don't know when or where the Pickle Jar is moving. I'm sick of packing up this damn house! Pickle is stressed that orders haven't been dropped yet out of the RAG in JAX.

I'm sure those of you who are newly commissioned or waiting to go to Advanced (i.e. wing) are stressing the shit out of it. Have fun wherever you are. Take the time to see some sights. You're going to quickly run out of free time in the RAG and beyond (except in P3s- you have nothing but time in P3s :p).

As I tell the stressed out wives and girlfriends, CHILL! You can't do anything about it. GROW WHERE YOU'RE PLANTED. It will all work out, promise!
:)

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
The military isn't going to say, "Nevermind... All you, newly commissioned JOs... we were just kidding... go home and live with your mom and dad..." (as long as there isn't any bird-hunting in S. Florida :eek:)
You'd like to think that, wouldn't you. Go ask someone wearing wings and silver oak leaves what "T-notch" is.