• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot Flying C-17's

snake020

Contributor

Side note: during my first airline furlough ... I flew hot & heavy with the Reserves -- over 120 days the first year of furlough. Put food on the table, paid the electric bill, and then some ....

Better than this, right?

humor_toon_ex-naval-aviator.jpg

hscs

pilot
HSCS,

Why do you say to think twice before doing the exchange (other than obvious career implications?)

Well, first of all there is the 3 years of NOB FITREPs. That can be tough to survive. After that, you will have to deal with a completely different way of operating. 3710 goes out the window and you now live by that services' pubs. The guy I know told me that there were 13 or so "currencies" that needed updating every 45 days. You would spend 3 hours rebasing all of those currenciesj without getting really proficient. Oh and there is the fact that the guy is no 4 months on, 4 months off in Iraq when he just came from a sea tour.....

Pags

N/A
pilot
The guy I know told me that there were 13 or so "currencies" that needed updating every 45 days. You would spend 3 hours rebasing all of those currenciesj without getting really proficient.

i hope a concept like that never gets to naval avaition....

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, first of all there is the 3 years of NOB FITREPs.

Dunno about other AORs, but my last (luckily just before out the door, it worked out well for me - "Way to go to work buddy") "real" FITREP was competitive. The Admiral in charge of NAVSOUTH was tired of "people using foreign tours as a ticket out". For reference, we were all ranked against each other, Aviators/SWOs/METOC/etc....

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor

Was sailing out of Marina Del Ray about a few weeks back, saw one of those mothers fly straigh out right to us (heading out to sea...), not all that high up. Suddenly he cranks up and off to the left like that second video. I had no idea it could fly like that. Quite impressive.