• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Aviator Help for a Novel

Bevo16

pilot
And while a mid, I went to the BUD/S Indoc program, so I know enough about the SEALS to be able to catch the hordes of posers sitting at half the bars in Thailand (they all are either SEALS or SAS).

It's amazing how much of that you run into. Two of my best friends in college were SEALS, and through them I am on first name basis with probably 30 team guys, not to mention the integrated training exercises in San Diego etc.

The first thing I always ask is what class they were, to see if they know my buddies. Several time I have gotten a response like 95XX (since most training classes at A schools are numbered by year). To which the reply is "You are a f***ing fake, STFU." No SEAL is going to ever make a mistake on or forget his own class number. I saw my SEAL buddy (who is 6 foot 4, and running about 270 at the time) run that little Q&A once, to a really, REALLY funny result. A young lady did not think very much of her male companion at the end of that conversation. She was kept company though.

The legit guys most often won't even tell you that they are/were a SEAL. The longer it takes to get it out of them, the higher the probability is that it is true.

marinegrunt

I have always wondered why these posers don't even learn about the organization to which they claim to have belonged. I have run into a handful of SEAL posers who never heard of Tom Norris or Mike Thornton, two men all SEALS know and who would be revealed in even a cursory search on the SEALS in the internet. I asked a supposed Marine Vietnam vet what infantry battalion he served in, and he told me it was the "101st." THen there was the judge in Illinois who was busted for claiming two MOH's for actions is Lebanon.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I asked a supposed Marine Vietnam vet what infantry battalion he served in, and he told me it was the "101st."

I think I peed myself a lil bit when I read that.

I have to apologize if I seemed to hop on the "poser bandwagon" a lil prematurely.
It becomes a grand source of entertainment when the wings on here start to unleash on the fakers (go ahead and look up skeeterman if you want some serious laughs)

Anyways welcome aboard and the book (from what I've read) looks like it's going to be a good one!

marinegrunt

I am going to be sending this off to the editor next week, so if anyone has a chance to look at this, especially Chapter 50, and let me know if it is any better or if there are still some glaring errors in it, I would appreciate it. Reading the chapter might take about two minutes or so, so it wouldn't be much.

I think the "dive" aspect had more literary drama in it, but if any aviator actually reads the book, it is too far-fetched, from the input I have received here.

The only difference between the online version and my current version is that "Hawkette" has become "Chickenhawk." I really liked "Henery," the little chickenhawk on the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons, but I am afraid very few people would get the reference.